• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruit Course Dates

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
While viewing the Defence Network site for the Canadian Forces Recruit School, I came across their course schedule for 2004-2005. Keeping in mind that these dates are SUBJECT TO CHANGE and some may not be run at all, their plan is to conduct two recruit platoons during each of the following sets of dates:

5 Apr - 10 Jun
13 Apr - 17 Jun
20 Apr - 25 Jun
27 Apr - 2 Jul
4 May - 8 Jul
11 May - 15 Jul
13 Jul - 16 Sep
20 Jul - 23 Sep
27 Jul - 30 Sep
17 Aug - 21 Oct
24 Aug - 28 Oct
31 Aug - 4 Nov
7 Sep - 12 Nov
28 Sep - 2 Dec
5 Oct - 9 Dec
12 Oct - 16 Dec
26 Oct 04 - 20 Jan 05 (incl 3 wk break at XMas)
2 Nov 04 - 27 Jan 05 (incl 3 wk break at XMas)
9 Nov 04 - 3 Feb 05 (incl 3 wk break at XMas)
16 Nov 04 - 10 Feb 05 (incl 3 wk break at XMas)

11 Jan - 17 Mar
18 Jan - 24 Mar
25 Jan - 31 Mar
1 Feb - 7 Apr
8 Feb - 14 Apr
15 Feb - 21 Apr
22 Feb - 28 Apr

There was no data on what trades will have priority on which recruit course serials. Generally, most candidates will be loaded on a course that ends shortly before their follow on training.

Michael OLeary, you rock !

I‘m on the 13 Apr - 17 Jun course ... exactly the dates I was given...

Any dates for SQ ?

Mike thats pretty cool man. Just one more question tho You probably dont know the answer to but i‘ll give it a shot. Im in gr 12 now passed all my testing, Picked 031 Infantry PPClI, and yes I was givin a choice of which one I wanted to go to, I.E RCR, PPCLI Etc...... I was just woundering seeing that basic on the 13th of july to the 16th of sep falls right in my time frame because Grad from basic on that date is 5 days before BIQ in wainwright, wanted to know if I should phone the recuriter and tell them that would be a good date. I know this is a stupid question that probably shouldnt be asked but I thought that I would just phone in to check it out. Thanks in advance

It never hurts to ask. At least you‘re staying in touch with the recruiter. He may not be able to influence the specifics of your offer, but just in case he is handed a slot to fill at short notice, it does no harm to make him aware you are ready.

Mike, did you happen to find the dates for Basic Officer Training while you were in there? I looked but couldn‘t find- last year they had graduations in Jul., Aug., Sept., Oct., Nov., and Dec.

Of course some courses are 10 weeks and others 14 due to school dates.

CWeb26F, I‘ve got some data, I‘ll start a new posting thread for the officer training course dates.

I‘m applying to join the Reserve and intend to do my basic training in the summer. Do you have the dates for that training also?

Thanks

Those dates are normally decided by local units depending on availability of instructors etc.

I know my units basic training and SQ is June 28 - August 20, so look for something similar I‘d imagine.

Thats helpful thank you greatly Mike keep up the good work the site rocks man. CHEERS

Back