• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recommend hotel in Old City Quebec

observor 69

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Thinking of visiting Old Quebec City in April. Spent a lot of time on various trip info sites and am now more confused than at the start.  :)

Anyone have some recommends on a place to stay and or visit.

Thanks

Hey, the Hilton there is really nice, although not in the walls, it's about a 5 minute walk there. You could also take the free little bus there, it stops right next to the Hilton.

You can get a great military discount at the Chateau Frontenac.  I was there before New Year's and paid $136 a night, which is almost half the regular price.

Here's another good link:
http://www.bed-and-breakfast-quebec.com/

Just remember that everything in the old city (Upper and Lower villages) is very pricey.

If you want a taste of great Quebec grub, try out the Anciens Canadiens.  Their sugar pie is to die for!

http://www.saint-antoine.com/en/index_en.html

I spoke with an AC Pilot that said this was a great place. Can get pricey, but it's beautiful and great location.

Don't bother with Lowes le Concorde.  Average rooms, good service, meh food, pay for everything above the room (internet, parking, etc).  Only good point is there is great eating just outside the door.

Hotels are pricey in Vieux Quebec, I stay at the Citadel for 30$ a night and it's free parking.  Not fancy but don't have to go far in the morning to watch the changing of the guards. 

Last time I stayed in a Hotel there it cost 300$. 

If you're looking for an excellent feed of mussels when you're there, I highly recommend Poisson d'avril, down the hill near the Québec Fleet School. The moulerie Moss is also very good, and not too far from there.

Stay in Levis and take the ferry across each day...half the price.

Eat at Pizzeria D'Youville.

If you don't mind austere conditions you could always get a room at the NAVRESHQ. It's right in old Quebec and I imagine wouldn't be too pricey.

Back