• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rcmp recruiting need help

leogill

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi

Just curious if anybody knows, if it's okay to get in RCMP at the age of 30 yr. Couple of other things like:

I have 12 th grade diploma outside the country.But that get evaluated and luckily got equivalent credential for that. Right now i am working on my grammar,punctuation and all the basic stuff.I am planning to undergone test in December.Anybody out there will answer please if it's worth (without university degree and at 30 year of age) to give a try.
Actually it is like a dream comes true for me if I'll made it.

Up to what extent somebody needs  to be expertise in grammar and how hard the questions are. Thank you !

Grammar... you're going to want to be very proficient.  You'll need to talk good.

Here's a handy primer for what you can expect of your RPAB & RPAT.  Police Prep.  Not cheap, but I haven't heard anyone complain about it.

They will take into consideration that english is your second language.

It doesn't hurt to apply. The tests are free and the selection process is free so why not try it out?! Since you're older and without a degree, if I were you, I'd focus on the fact that you have more life experience compared to some kid in his/her early twenties that does have a degree.

Good luck!!! It's a tough process but not impossible... and they need people.

To apply for a job as a regular member (police officer) of the RCMP, you must meet the following basic requirements:

be a Canadian citizen
be of good character
be proficient in English or French
have a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
possess a valid, unrestricted Canadian driver’s license
be 19 years of age at the time of engagement (may apply at 18 years of age
meet medical/health standards
be willing to relocate anywhere in Canada
be physically fit

Basic Conditions of Appointment

Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Minimum 18 years of age.
Ontario Grade 12 or equivalency.
Class ‘G’ driver’s license with:

No more than 6 demerit points; and
Full driving privileges.
No criminal record for which a pardon has not been received or an absolute/conditional discharge that has not been sealed.
Certified in First-Aid and C.P.R.
Pass credit, background and investigation checks.
Possess a valid Certificate of Results (C.O.R.).

The OPP may be your best bet if you live in Ontario. There's no reason not to try for the RCMP though so best of luck.

A neighbor of mine just left for training at the age of 43....My brother in law was a shift supervisor at a detachment, and was a corporal and the youngest on the shift....at 41....won't get accepted if you don't apply.

Leogill,

I know this reply is much later than the others and you may not even get it but I feel I must send it any way.

Apply, apply, apply!!!!!!

I successfully went through Depot in 1999 and had the time of my life.  The eldest in my troop was 42 years old.  No university but a tonne of life experience.

Don't wait.  Do the best you can and if it doesn't work try again.  If things have not changed you get to make three attempts at the written test.

I loved my time with the RCMP but am moving on as I have accepted an offer in the Air Force for pilot.  All the best and I'll answer any questions you have (unless it's classified stuff.)  Just keep in mind that I went through the process eight years ago.

All the best and good luck!!!!1

CasperTr11 said:
Leogill,

I know this reply is much later than the others and you may not even get it but I feel I must send it any way.

Apply, apply, apply!!!!!!

I successfully went through Depot in 1999 and had the time of my life.  The eldest in my troop was 42 years old.  No university but a tonne of life experience.

Don't wait.  Do the best you can and if it doesn't work try again.  If things have not changed you get to make three attempts at the written test.

I loved my time with the RCMP but am moving on as I have accepted an offer in the Air Force for pilot.  All the best and I'll answer any questions you have (unless it's classified stuff.)  Just keep in mind that I went through the process eight years ago.

All the best and good luck!!!!1

1999 and after 911 are very different, it only took me 2 months to join reserve unit in 2000. but now, my case has been going for 2 years already, most time spent on security clearence. RCMP needs top secret level security clearence. BTW, i think the guy was not from a nato country, or autralia NZ...but it's good to try, the officers will welcome you to try the test. the more people to come, the easier for them to pick up. 

Back