• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rant, Brag or Compliment

What we were always told as cadets here (both at my former corps, and CSTC Vernon) was that senior NCO ranks were limited to positions available.

We paraded with 2 platoons, a band, and a flag party.
So our max number of Sr. NCO's were 1 CWO, 1 MWO, 4 WO.

Sargents were another matter, as it was usuially given out after completion of gold star.
This was also the practice for the other 2 corps that paraded at our armouries.

On that note, I could never imagine parading with a unit under 30 people...
At the peak, we had almost 350 between the 3 units every parade night.

Made for an interesting green star class with almost a hundred people in it.
Didn't have to do much to have to stand at the back of the class.

Sounds like a nice corps! Yeah it is a little fun with under 30 people on parade... the only other (division is it?) is our flag party... woot 3 people on that and they dont know rifle drill

m82a1Barrett said:
Sounds like a nice corps! Yeah it is a little fun with under 30 people on parade... the only other (division is it?) is our flag party... woot 3 people on that and they dont know rifle drill

I suppose you cann teach them all that as well?

The main problem with parading with 2 other units of that size - you are either forced to use the same qualifications for promotion (Completing a star level) or take the 'high road', effectively forcing all but your best cadets to be subordinate to their peers in class, just because all promotions in your unit are based on merit rather than years of training...

Of course, *we* knew who the leaders were. Always nice to have your Sgt's easily beat their MWO's in Drill, Deportment, Shooting, and GMT every time.

Didn't realise till recently, but by far - The best times of my life.

m82a1Barrett said:
and ive heard rumor that the CO will be giving one double promotion, are these allowed? or is it just more crap being talked by a Cpl trying to be cool infront of the cadets?

I have *heard* something along those lines, but in my experiance, the only 'double promotions' I have ever seen were a single promotion followed by an appointment and acting rank. (Promoted to M/cpl and taking position as a 2IC with acting Sgt. as their rank)

Never go on hearsay, can come back and bite you in the @ss when its most inconvenient, deal with facts folks...

Back