• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RAF C-130 Crashes

There are several reports in the international media, including DEBKAfile and the BBC UK service
indicating that the RAF C-130 was brought down by a missile fired by the Ansar al-Islam, which
also appeared in a purported film of the incident on the Middle East TV network, Al-Jazzera. The
group Ansar al-Islam are defined on the CNN.com network in some detail. It is my opinion that
the aircraft was in fact, shot down, exactly what Ansar al-Islam are claiming. MacLeod

jmacleod said:
There are several reports in the international media, including DEBKAfile and the BBC UK service
indicating that the RAF C-130 was brought down by a missile fired by the Ansar al-Islam, which
also appeared in a purported film of the incident on the Middle East TV network, Al-Jazzera. The
group Ansar al-Islam are defined on the CNN.com network in some detail. It is my opinion that
the aircraft was in fact, shot down, exactly what Ansar al-Islam are claiming. MacLeod

So by that you mean that video and statements from militants on al-jazeera are reliable info ? That the international media nevers jumps to conclusions ? You still beleive anything CNN says ?

The group that released the video has released previous bogus claims. Their credibility is sorely lacking.

tomahawk6 said:
The group that released the video has released previous bogus claims. Their credibility is sorely lacking.

Thats exactly my point......

Exactly my point gentlemen.  Let us not lend them any credibility that they lack.  I must support my comrades by not contributing to rumours. 

Go to the Daily Mirror Site (Mirror Co., UK) for an interesting perspective on the loss of a
RAF C-130K in Iraq - then take a look at Royal Air Force Lyneham for an insight into the
operational role assigned to 37 Squadron, Royal Air Force. Today is 1 February 2005.
MacLeod

The miror has a less than stellar reputation as a newspaper.  I realy would like jmacleod to explain why a one-line passage in a tabloid stating that an insurgent group "claims" to have "shot down" the C-130 with a "missle" constitutes credible evidence  ::)

The Mirror is a tabloid that does NOT support the Troops.  They were famous for circulating all sorts of rumours during the South Atlantic War.  We won't even use it for toilet paper unless pressed.  LOL

Back