• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quiet Consensus on Iraq

hamiltongs said:
Not at all - my experience suggests just the opposite, in fact.   When I'm at sea, I can tell you a heck of a lot about what's going on with HMCS GOOSE BAY, and I more or less know what's up with the ships in company.   But I'm not privvy to any inside information about what's going on in the fleet in general and I probably know less than the average person about the affairs of the world at large.   I find being "on the ground" means having your perspective narrowed a great deal.

I refer you to my earlier post reference news media that I have been privy to...including while in Egypt, Syria, Israel, Jordan, the Gulf etc etc. Apparently this doesn't happen for HM ships...
Needless, I'll post some of my Syria pictures, where every little dung hut that I saw during my 6 months came equiped with a huge family, sheeps goats and a satellite dish.

I also had no problem obtaining North American print media.
Nor local print media in Aramic or English.

I don't think you can ever expect to get the whole picture  no matter how many  news channels you watch, new papers  you read or people you talk to.  Just do what you normally do the rest of the time,  take in as much information as possible and make a reasonable  decision on the facts and your personal views.    And if other people dont agree with it, thats there right.

Flame On    errrr  Game on

Back