• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick Question.

TheRippingJack

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I wrote my CFAT today (I did pretty good), any ways... After the test a recruiting officer told me that I missed a Phone Number of a place I worked at on my application.

The problem is, I was fired from this place, it's a convenience store, and I was caught giving a friend free gatorade (something I'm not too proud of). Anyways, this place or any people working there are NOT on my references list. But the officer made me find the number in a phone book right there and then.

I'm kinda scared now, what are the chances of them calling, and what are the chances of it not allowing me to get in?

TheRippingJack said:
Hey, I wrote my CFAT today (I did pretty good), any ways... After the test a recruiting officer told me that I missed a Phone Number of a place I worked at on my application.

The problem is, I was fired from this place, it's a convenience store, and I was caught giving a friend free gatorade (something I'm not too proud of). Anyways, this place or any people working there are NOT on my references list. But the officer made me find the number in a phone book right there and then.

I'm kinda scared now, what are the chances of them calling, and what are the chances of it not allowing me to get in?

Personally I hope not. But be sure to let us know the outcome.

Good Luck, and relax.

Cheers.

When I was being interviewed I told the recruiting officer about buying cocaine down in Mexico, the army doesn't expect that every applicant is a saint. We've all made mistakes in our lives and done something we are not proud of. Unless you have a criminal record due to that incident I doubt it will be a problem. 

Good luck pal

As far as I know they didnt call any of my past employers, so you should be ok... but then again you never know.

It is unlikely they will call you previous employer but this is the army they have been known to do it from time to time, but I wouldn't stress about it.  For future reference if something like that ever does come up let your recruiter know being straight forward is the only way to go.  Good luck in the application process hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I know that they called 2 of my past employers. One full time and the other was part time.
The part time job said I was fired (which I wasn't) and I was asked about it during my interview.
I refuted this during the interview and was sent on to my medical 2 weeks later.

We now have a civilian company that does our reference checks. They are supposed to call ALL your references. If we get one bad report out of the 5 we take it in stride. we understand that we do not get along with everybody. If you were going for a level 3 occupation or MP it may make a difference. Like was said already we know not everyone is a saint as long as you can be trusted now you should be okay. As an MCC (interviewer) we have to check up on everything. Better to tell us now that have us find out later.
Goo

Back