• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question, wait times....

Xoshua

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all!  My name is Joshua Allen.  I applied for Reserves just after christmas, did my PT and CFAT in March, then did my medical with my interview just before April...  I handed in my medical sheets, (Orthodontist, doctor eye doctor) and it's been three weeks and I haven't recieved a letter back...  I know this process takes forever but I heard its a "2 week period."  I've searched forums though which said it can take up to a year.  I gave them a call yesturday and the guy transfered me to some answer machine, in which I left my name and number...  Still no call or letter...  I said I had previous Anxiety...  Would this slow the process?  Thank you...  :) :salute:

It takes "2 weeks" for every part of the recruiting process. It took about 4 weeks for my medical to clear...and when it did nobody called me and there was no letter. I eventually went to the recruiting center in person and they looked at my file and said "Oh, your medical cleared."
Did you get a letter from your doctor saying you no longer experience anxiety? They may need that.

Just hang in there man and keep yourself busy.

I, too, did not receive any call or notification regarding my medical, or even my reliability checks.  They just called me up one day and told me when my enrollment date is.  My recruiter told me that it could take anywhere between three and six weeks for a clean medical file to pass through the system.  My application process was almost exactly like yours too...  Applied after New Years, tests and interview in March.  I heard back from them early this week.

I wouldn't know anything about past history affecting medical files, though I suppose it could take time for them to work through those details.  I guess you just gotta sit tight and hope for the best.  Heck, do some pushups,, it'll keep your mind off of the wait!  ;D

Back