• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question About Job Picks

NaMeLeZz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, so this is my first post here but I have been reading a lot before I signed up to this site to gain some knowledge for the CFAT. Just today I did my CFAT and was called in with about 4 other people and we were told we did very well on it.

My question is though, during the first bit of the medical the person said "Oh, so your going to be a Boatswain, eh?"(  :P ) I thought to myself wait, didn't I put NCI Op as my first choice(later on I remembered I didn't) I didn't think much of it but now I'm curious if I can still take the NCI Op? Or are they going to assume I want Boatswain since at the time I put it as my first choice.

I'm also assuming you need a higher mark for it on the CFAT too, right? I think I'm cleared for all positions since I wasn't told I wasn't. So when I phone in two weeks can I simply state I want the NCI Op instead before my interview and all that good stuff? Or am I SOL.

Thanks for the help.

Why not call tomorrow to make sure your documented choices reflect what you want before any further processing is done?

Don't wait on questions or information that may affect how your file is handled.

I would call as soon as possible instead of waiting the 2 weeks.

Michael O'Leary said:
Why not call tomorrow to make sure your documented choices reflect what you want before any further processing is done?

Don't wait on questions or information that may affect how your file is handled.
I'll give them a call tomorrow then. I do believe though they said our files will be sent today though. So we'll see.

NaMeLeZz said:
I'll give them a call tomorrow then. I do believe though they said our files will be sent today though. So we'll see.

I'm not positive, but what I BELIEVE you're referring to when you say your file will be "sent" is the Medical portion.

Unless there's something in your trade selections that has specific medical standards contrary to your Medical profile (i.e. your eyesight is V4 and you've selected V3 trades) the Medical will not affect your trades.

You should definitely call and see if you can change your trade choices to the one(s) you really want. Make sure they check your trade choices against your Medical profile and CFAT scores to ensure there isn't a problem down the road that will cause disappointment.

Good Luck,

Otis

Back