• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

QL3 without SQ?

Jinpa

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Just a quick question about SQ.  Currently I am with PRETC in Borden.  I am an LCIS tech (227), and my course schedule is as follows:

SQ - March 13th - April 28th (Meaford)
POET - May 9th - Dec 5th (Kingston)
QL3 - Jan 17th - sometine in June (Kingston)

Here is my problem,  I missed my SQ due to medical problems and cannot start another SQ before my POET begins, so I will continue onto my POET start date in May.  My main question is this...  without SQ, will I be allowed to continue onto my 3's in January, considering how close the dates are and that they are both in Kingston?  IMHO it doesn't make much sense to send me from Kingston (when i'm done POET) to Borden to wait for another SQ to start, then to Meaford to do SQ, then back to Borden to wait on a QL3 course to start so I can go back to Kingston.  To further complicate matters, I will be living with my common-law in Kingston during POET, which is why i'm kind of hoping to stay on in Kingston to do my 3's.

To add fuel to the fire.... how could the possible shortening and phasing out of SQ affect this by my December end date?  Any help or opinions are appreciated.  

Cheers
Jinpa

So go ask your chain of command to find out for you.  What do expect as an answer here?  Somebody comes on and says "yeah I did my QL3 without having to do SQ". And you figure that it is going to be the same for you?  Different situations for different people.  Use the chain of command as that is what it is there for.

I know of a ranger transfering to PRes RMS clerk who did her QL3 before she even did BMQ.  She dosen't know yet if she has to do SQ, but she did do QL3 before doing BMQ.

Since the army took over CFCSE, there have been Ptes that finish their QL3s and get to JSR without their SQ and/or LSVW 404s.  I would like to hear if its the same for the ATIS Techs over there.

Back