• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Public Service Health Care Plan...need help from someone more knowledgable!

SuperFry

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a quote from one of the PSHCP websites:

Members of the CF Regular Component, Class C Reservists and members of the RCMP may become members of the Plan when they have an eligible dependant. Members of the CF and of the RCMP may not cover themselves but may only cover their eligible dependants.
Class A and Class B Reservists are eligible to join the Plan on the following dates:
if engaged for a period of less than 180 days, the date of eligibility is the date taken on strength;
if engaged for a period of more than 180 days, the date of eligibility is the date they have an eligible dependant.

My question is this (since I am no longer a student, but do not have a job with medical benefits, I need to find some):

I joined in November 2002.  I am a reservist who regularly parades with my unit (at least 3 evenings a month) and takes whatever weekend tasking I can get.  I think go on a course or a tasking over the summer.  Am I eligible for the health care plan?  Could someone please tell me what Class Service I am for my future reference?!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Back