• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Processing Delays

TheGallant

Reaction score
My impression from reading other posts is that a lot of recruits are experiencing application processing delays at this point in time. I am specifically wondering if recruits who have passed the Medical and Interview stages have any insight into how long they had to wait to proceed to that stage after CFAT, but I am sure any insight to delays at any stage would be helpful to forum readers.

Any advice on timelines, and on whether to sit tight and shut up, or on how to be proactive while waiting is most appreciated.

Thanks!

This link will give you an idea of how peoples applications are moving along

http://army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

There are so many factors that influence someone's recruiting time. Getting to the medical and interview alone depends on CFAT scores, trade choices (what's in demand or being filled at the moment), hiring schedule (more people for the new fiscal year vs the end of the fiscal year), etc.
Take a look at the link Ksliqtaboo provided and try to be patient. Keep in touch with your recruiting center and you'll get there eventually.

Seems to be a wee delay with medical being approved or not, I assume Ottawa is backed up. C'est la vie.

Sometimes it's not even the forces fault, found out today that one of my employment references would not answer calls from Garda, as they are a competing company, they have left countless voicemail, when I had my interview the staff (Capt. H) will have to deal with the headache ad it's the last part holding up my background check, everything else went smoothly.

To give you an idea, I had my Medical on January 13th, no issues or waivers, am V1.  Approved recently, approximately 8 weeks processing time.  My Background check started early February, currently waiting for that to return.  It is my understanding when/if that clears I will be merit listed soon after. As much as we long for the process to revolve around our individual applications, the wheel spins based on its own needs. I don't think there is much we can do to affect the process, other than keep in touch every few weeks and make sure our files aren't requiring any additional information/documents.

So far, my wait has been about 7 months from writing my CFAT in August 2015 to my medical and interviews next Tuesday.  From what I understand, depending on your trade, there could be further testing and interviews (such as the AEC position I have applied for), so the wait could be even longer.

Since Feb 2016 (CFAT) my application is now on the merit list after a touch over 2 months so it seems to be moving along moderately quickly (I applied in Nov, was supposed to do my CFAT in December but I forgot my birth certificate at home so I had to re-schedule for the new year). Everyone is different and there seems to be a litany of potential factors that could create a delay

Back