• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pre-Australian Christmas Routine at my place: Pics

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Firstly this link is some Aussie Christmas humour. Be advised the F word is used a few times (in humour of course), but good for a laugh. A comical take off on our 'Chopper' Reed, a known Sydney 80's standover man and murderer turned celeb. Have a laugh here http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=NZCqydCysec it is not the real Chopper  ;D

Secondly my decorations are up and here is some pics at my home on Bribie Island www.bribie.com.au . The tree I cut down from a nearby pine forrest on Bribie Island Road. It was in tall grass, about 35C humid as hell, and serious snake country. There I was in board shorts and thongs.

As we get closer to C-Day, I'll post some pics of some houses with their Christmas lights on.

You got to love a tropical Christmas, with Christmas Day predicted to be in the mid to high 30'sC adn sunny of course.

Regards,

OWDU

You can't have Christmas without the Siamese sentials from hell! The Christmas tree to them is something to explore, attack, and destroy by knocking it over. Oh to be a cat for just one hour.

Note the Santa cat toy and the jaws from a 3.5 metre Tiger shark, and the Sask-Tel former pay phone (from Biggar, Sask) which works...

OWDU

- At the moment, it is -29C in Edmonton, Alberta (-38C windchill).

- The goodnews is that it should warm up to a balmy -24C for the next three days.

- Biggar, Saskatchewan? -34C, -43C winchill.  Here's the link:

http://weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/sk-2_metric_e.html

- Tom

0745 h, Monday, 15 Dec, its already 27C at Gallipoli Barracks.

Cheers,

OWDU

Hey Wes
I really like your Merry Christmas eh sign.  Do you mind if I steal the idea?  My husband does woodworking and I paint a little.  It's very nice.

And by the way, -41 freakin' C here in Edmonton.  Not really digging this AB weather right now.
Cheers, Robin
SOT

Thanks for sharing the pic, Wes...I'm sure you miss the snow and freezing temps at this time of year???
Oh course, Bondi Beach will get that out of you right quick!!!!!  hmmm, thongs and string bikinis on xmas day...hard bloody life!!!
Merry Christmas to my mates down under>>> May you all be safe and with family.

BYT Driver said:
Oh course, Bondi Beach will get that out of you right quick!!!!!  hmmm, thongs and string bikinis on xmas day...hard bloody life!!!
You just brought back some very wonderful xmas memories of that place...

Bondi, ha! Those Syd eastern subs are too crouded, usually full of Pommy bastards and Asian tourists (not that there is anything wrong with that), ha!

On the island I live on, there is almost 40km of pure unadulterated virgin beach, lovely white sand, no needles or glass, etc

www.bribie.com.au

Check it out, as I don't mind giving this excellent island some free publicity.

Soon, I'll be on my way home to this tropical paradise, 2h 5 min to dismissal for the day  ;D

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
On the island I live on, there is almost 40km of pure unadulterated virgin beach, lovely white sand, no needles or glass, etc

www.bribie.com.au

Check it out, as I don't mind giving this excellent island some free publicity.

Soon, I'll be on my way home to this tropical paradise, 2h 5 min to dismissal for the day  ;D

OWDU

You should work for the local tourism board OWDU  ;D

Wes thanks for sharing the photos  for your Xmas hope that you have a good one .

PS to the guy that said Canada has snow come to my part of the country . Most of the snow her has melted now its  +5 and supposed to be +10 in Belleville tomorrow  god I love living in southern Ont  ;D

karl28 said:
   Wes thanks for sharing the photos  for your Xmas hope that you have a good one .

PS to the guy that said Canada has snow come to my part of the country . Most of the snow her has melted now its  +5 and supposed to be +10 in Belleville tomorrow  god I love living in southern Ont  ;D
I am in your part of the country, and we will soon be getting the snow...hopefully not toooo soon...say april!!??  ;D
Anyone here from Greenwood? How's the snow situation down there.   
Cheers

BYT Driver 

Yeah I think your right  about the snow sooner or later I think we will get pasted kind of like last year it started about Jan . 

Right Wes, finally got home to see the vid...bloody hi-larious...makes me miss that daft b^&% I worked with ever more.
Happy Ho--ho

They are good aren't they, here is another (yes and another language warning)....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Ya gotta love our Chooper.

Ho-Ho-Ho

Wes  ;D

EDIT: Looks like the REAL Chooper got himself into a bit of shyte. This from today...  :warstory:

Mark 'Chopper' Read arrested after axe incident in Collingwood, Melbourne
By Greg Roberts
AAP
December 15, 2008 06:01pm

Chopper released after axe incident

Police have released Mark 'Chopper' Read without charge after he was involved in a street fight....
Views today: 86Sorry, this video is no longer available. Arrested ... Mark "Chopper" Read apparently said "What's your problem?" before an alleged alteraction in Collingwood.

CRIMINAL turned author Mark "Chopper" Read was arrested and then released today after being allegedly attacked by a man with a tomahawk in a Melbourne street.

The 54-year-old confessed murderer became involved in a fight in inner-suburban Collingwood when he was approached by another 54-year-old man.

It is believed the man pulled out a tomahawk and a fight broke out about 11am (AEDT).

"He said 'Chopper Read, you're not in H Division now', and started swinging a tomahawk at me," Read said outside the Richmond police station.

"He turned the blade away from himself and used the thick end of the tomahawk to hit me across the arm."

Read said the man might have been an ex-inmate with whom he served time, calling his attack
"unsavoury behaviour on the part of ex-prisoners who try to lay claim that I bashed them once in H Division".

"I've never seen him before in my life," Read said.

After being confronted by the man, Read said he ran into Complete Collision panelbeaters nearby and grabbed a pipe.

"I said 'come here now', he jumped into a car and pissed off," Read said.

"There was a report of a man wielding a tomahawk and a man wielding a pipe."

Armed police wearing bulletproof vests arrived at the scene shortly after 11am and went into the AA Cash Today pawnbroking business where the brawling pair ended up.

The pair, who both live in Collingwood, were arrested, questioned and released without charge but police say inquiries are continuing.

Read said afterwards that he had never seen the man who attacked him before and was trying to visit a mate called Frank at the pawn shop.

Read has spent time in jail for assault, armed robbery and kidnapping and is linked to murders, and has also been the subject of a film and written numerous best-selling books on his life as a criminal.

He was arrested in August this year over an alleged aggravated burglary but was released without charge.

---------------------

There ya go cobbers!

karl28 said:
BYT Driver 

Yeah I think your right  about the snow sooner or later I think we will get pasted kind of like last year it started about Jan .   

I don't know about that, in Kingston last year it started in Mid-Nov and ended (it seemed like) in June. The year before it came Mid-Jan and was gone Mid-Mar.

OWDU, I think Charlie Brown is looking for his tree.

Sask Tel pay phone ???
I would fathom that no one was looking when it went missing.....
:tsktsk:

geo said:
Sask Tel pay phone ???
I would fathom that no one was looking when it went missing.....
:tsktsk:

- How the heck is The Skatchen supposed to thrive when it's only pay phone has been pirated away by a daring act of industrial sabotage?  I heard it's location in Australia has become some sort of cargo-cult religious shrine, with pilgrims from as far away as Gympie showing up with tacky replicas rumoured to be carved from kangaroo tusks.

8)

BYT Driver said:
Anyone here from Greenwood? How's the snow situation down there.   
Cheers

Well I"m down the road.. and it's all green grass.  8)

Taking the IBBS home?

Back