• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRAISE FOR CFRC/Ds

At which CFRC have you applied and have had a positive experience? Please respond ONLY if you were r

• CFRC VANCOUVER (Victoria and Kelowna)

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • CFRC CALGARY (Yellowknife and Edmonton)

Votes: 23 17.0%
  • CFRC WINNIPEG (Regina, Thunder Bay and Saskatoon)

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • CFRC HAMILTON (London, Kitchener and Windsor)

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • CFRC TORONTO (Barrie, Mississsauga and Oshawa)

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • CFRC OTTAWA (North Bay, Sault ste Marie, Sudbury and Kingston)

• CFRC MONTREAL (Rouyn Noranda, and Sherbrooke)

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • CFRC QUEBEC (Chicoutimi, Sept-Isles, Trois Riveries and Rimouski)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • CFRC FREDERICTON (Bathurst, Saint John and Charlottetown)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • CFRC HALIFAX (Cornerbrook, St John's and Sydney)

• Total voters
" I have seen the light " Its like walking in on the tail-end of a conversation and offering your opinion, on something that is not relative to the conversation.

Toronto has been very good at handling my application. Anything that has frustrated me was not only out of their hands, but also something that they worked to correct. The lady who helped me with my medical (whose name I cannot recall for the life of me... Some gratitude...), basically told me that because I was applying as a pilot, that I would need further eye testing. I asked if I could get it in Oshawa, since my ride into Toronto no longer exists, and it would be more convenient, or if perhaps the pre-test that I had done before applying would suffice. Neither were possible, but I still had my PT test to do, so she scheduled it on the same day, -and- made sure that I would get full reimbursement, despite the fact that I would have only been looking at a measly 4 bucks (compared to the $20 or so that it takes me to get in) which was a nice icing on the cake.

The Corporal that I spoke to about my process also got me a CFAT the day after he got ahold of me, set me up with a pilot for my interview in order to give me ample opportunity to ask questions in the interview and the like, and was just generally a pleasure to speak to.

And just another point of note, the Diversity officer, having wandered past me while I was getting sorted out, took me aside and asked if I had any aboriginal background. Presumably, he was going to mention the aspects of it that I might not have realized, but I am not aware of any aboriginal ancestry. Still, the fact that he went out of his way, and took me aside in order to impart information is very cool. He also had some jokes about being swamped for me when two people who were looking for Diversity information came in later on in the day.

All in all, the recruiting centre in Toronto has made it a very enjoyable experience. I'm not 100% finished yet, but thusfar, they've been awesome. I'm optimistic about the future. I cannot say anything about the Oshawa one, because I was given bad information and never gave them the opportunity, but I'd definitely give kudos to Toronto.

I'm currnetly in the middle of applying to ROTP through the centre in Mississauga and my experiences have been nothing but positive.  I went in to ask a few questions about my application (thinking I'd be about 5 minutes) and a Sgt there went through the entire thing with me and helped not only feel a little less nervous, but alot more confident about my application.  I got a call back 2 days after submitting my application (yesterday was the call back) and am scheduled for my interview, CFAT, and Medical on the 25th.  All the staff there has been nothing but helpful since I first went in there, and they've always been pretty good about everything.  :) :D

I applied in June 2007 through CFRC Winnipeg. Despite one major mix-up with my paperwork, the staff here were very helpful, especially the Jr. Med Tech who helped get my file though DRDC in a quick and timely manor.

I applied at the CFRC here in St. John's last tuesday. I had my medical, CFAT, and interview this monday past.

I was told that all that's left is to wait for my offer. I was expecting this process to take an incredibly long time, and so far it's been flying by. They're good people.

Well voted CFRC Fredericton. The staff there is the best. I applied online November 27 went in the following Monday to sign it. 2 days later I get a call for CFAT but I didn't qualify for the trades I want. They gave me the info I needed and a retest date.

Did the CFAT retest and medical everything went great. They were very motivating and always helpful. And the medical officer that I got was the very best!!! So I say A1 CFRC Fredericton!!!

Just curious - how was the data used?

And what about negative experiences? :)

Meridian said:
Just curious - how was the data used?

And what about negative experiences? :)

Overall, it confirmed what I had known already about who was good or bad.  What the higher ups, if they cared, did with it I have no idea.

CFRC Victoria gets my vote.

When I was going through a CT from the navy to the air force, I was sailing tons so couldn't always get in during the office hours.  The PA back then stayed late once on a weekday (6pm on a Fri) and even opened CFRC on a Sun so I could get my med stuff done on time for the Aircrew medical. 

I think he's been posted out to the Base Hospital now, but not sure.

I know its late, but I was very much impressed by the professionalism of the CFRC staff. Always very nice, very knowledgable and very proficient.

CFRC Victoria. Took about 5-6 weeks from sending my paperwork off to getting a phonecall, including the holidays, then another couple weeks until I underwent my medical, interview, assessment test, etc.

Back