• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poll: How often do you exercise?

• Thread starter Thread starter Playa69
  • Start date Start date

How often do you exercise?

• Total voters
Longest run I was made to do at work: 22 km

Longest FFO march:23km

X-mo-1979 said:
Longest run I was made to do at work: 22 km

Longest FFO march:23km

How often do you run those kind of distances at your unit? I can make it that long but I don't like to train for them simply because I am prone to running injuries if I start to over do it.

After 9 years that is the extreme.Note that those had zero work up and was thrown at us out of the blue.However on the normal run we usually go anywhere from 5-8km.The longer run's normally tend to go to 10km at the max.

I go to the gym to do just weights 2hrs. a day five days a week.  Mon-chest and bi's, Tues-legs, Wed-back and tri's, Thurs-Legs, Fri-chest and bi's.  Core is everyday after weights.  I try and run 5.5km 3-5 times a week outside cause i hate the tredmill (something about seeing the time while running makes it feel like your running forever).  Weekends off.  For people who are struggling at pushups, i gotta a good exersize for you.  If you go to the gym with a buddy, after your all done your day of working out (very last thing you do), do a pushup pyramid.  Start at 15 pushups.  Once you've done 15, your buddy does 15, when hes done his 15, you do 14, then he does 14 etc. until you reach zero.  It comes out to 120 pushups.  If you can't do the 15 pyramid, start at 10, or 8, whatever your limit is.  It is very true that pushups and pullups are the best workouts for your upper body.  I work out with my cousin who plays hockey in the WHL, and he has amazing workout programs, so if anyone would like one just pm me.  There not for the faint hearted ill tell you that much ;)

For me I do weights 4-5 times a week for an hour or two at a time (rotate between upper body to lower body/back) and along with cardio 2-5 times a week, lately since things got really held up with my application I'm just doing a few runs a week to make sure I don't get too far down cardio-wise. Once I finally get merit listed I'll start up running daily again, although even now I'd say I'm pretty fine.

Free weights are the only way to go I've found.  The problem with most machines is the back support they give you.  You can gain mass but not stability.  How often in real situations do you have a convenient padded board to rest your back on?  Its not just about getting stronger its about being able to balance that weight as well. 

I've found the best thing to do for arms and chest is pushups (go figure looks like the CF are onto something right?  :P)
Situps for the abs
Running for core strength.
And just various low/high weight free weights to target small muscles in the arms or legs.

It gets boring just doing those exercises, but the results are the best, and you don't run the risk of hurting yourself doing something you are uncomfortable with.

MedTechStudent said:
How often in real situations do you have a convenient padded board to rest your back on?  Its not just about getting stronger its about being able to balance that weight as well. 

On Op's or R&R?

With 2 kids in the house, 1 being a new baby...not much in the past few weeks :(

But I have gotten rid of my crappy ankle/shin pain issue (more or less) and Im ecstatic! I may not be up to snuff now but I sure as hell will be soon.

X-mo-1979 said:
On Op's or R&R?

Any time your not in the gym lets say.  Machines let you use your back for support, and therefore your body's balance suffers .  How often are you ever actually going to lift something heavy while leaning against a wall?  Just my two cents.

Back