• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPAC is reporting (at 1529 Hrs EST) that Jagmeet Singh has been elected as the new NDP leader (replacing Thomas Mulcair) with 54% of the vote.

E.R. Campbell said:
CPAC is reporting (at 1529 Hrs EST) that Jagmeet Singh has been elected as the new NDP leader (replacing Thomas Mulcair) with 54% of the vote.

It will be interesting to see if if he can draw back all those NDP voters who voted for the Liberals in the last election.

Retired AF Guy said:
It will be interesting to see if if he can draw back all those NDP voters who voted for the Liberals in the last election.

He's just got to go hard left. The Liberals abandoned the progressives as soon as they got in power. He'll make them (Liberals and NDP) split the vote again.

Retired AF Guy said:
In the ROC I'm sure he can.

I don't think he's going to do well in Quebec at all.

Might be a wash.

I see the PM is taking some flak for sharing Maryam Monsef's post about tolerance and inclusion and diversity is our strength from the rally in Peterborough this weekend after the attacks in Edmonton. (though I'm still looking to see if maybe it was before the attacks, times look close)

In her facebook post she posted of a banner which included the phrase end white supremacy, the timing and optics of his re-posting it after the attack (if that's the case) seem pretty dumb.

(I believe the rally was an anti-trudeau anti-immigration policy rally in which the white supremacists ironically didn't even show up to but Antifa got violent anyways including apparently assaulting a police officer).

muslim-minister-diversity-strength-2.jpg

Fair enough good sir. I meant to say they did not show up to their own protest in Peterborough.

Jarnhamar said:
Fair enough good sir. I meant to say they did not show up to their own protest in Peterborough.
Fair enough.

Jarnhamar said:
(snip)...in which the white supremacists ironically didn't even show up to but Antifa got violent anyways including apparently assaulting a police officer).

Maybe that was the point? Perhaps I'm just too Machiavellian?

Any excuse to attack people seems to be the mantra of antifa.  Should be called antipeo as they don't seem to like people.

jollyjacktar said:
Any excuse to attack people seems to be the mantra of antifaextremists.  Should be called antipeo idiotsas they don't seem to like people.

There, fixed that for you. While people seem to like to drum up the "antifa" boogeyman, the right is perfectly capable of committing crimes as well. Extremists, not any right or left wing ideology, is the true evil here.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/quebec-city-mosque-shooter-formally-charged-182134773.html

Bird_Gunner45 said:
While people seem to like to drum up the "antifa" boogeyman, the right is perfectly capable of committing crimes as well.

American statistics may, or may not, be of interest to Canadian Right and Left Wing political discussion,

Which Ideology Has Inspired the Most Murders in Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil?
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/which-ideology-has-inspired-most-murders-terrorist-attacks-us-soil

"Islamists have killed about 14 times as many people as Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists who, in turn, have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists."

Bird_Gunner45 said:
There, fixed that for you. While people seem to like to drum up the "antifa" boogeyman, the right is perfectly capable of committing crimes as well. Extremists, not any right or left wing ideology, is the true evil here.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/quebec-city-mosque-shooter-formally-charged-182134773.html

Thanks, but it didn't need fixing.  I meant what I said without the interference, thank you very much.  I'll let you know if it does in future. 

jollyjacktar said:
Thanks, but it didn't need fixing.  I meant what I said without the interference, thank you very much.  I'll let you know if it does in future.

I wasn't actually asking for permission. I was pointing out that the antifa thing is, at best, a red herring. Yes, there are idiots in antifa but there are idiots in the right as well, who seem to be just as capable of being idiots. Extremism is the problem.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
I wasn't actually asking for permission. I was pointing out that the antifa thing is, at best, a red herring. Yes, there are idiots in antifa but there are idiots in the right as well, who seem to be just as capable of being idiots. Extremism is the problem.

Extremism is the problem but this specific case (and others like it I'd say) it is a great example of what ANTIA is about. White nationalist extremists don't even have to show up to their own rallies anymore to cause shit.T Agreed extremism is the problem but to me this indicates who the larger threat is currently.

mariomike said:
"Islamists have killed about 14 times as many people as Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists who, in turn, have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists."
Purely speculation but I want to say that the crazy left-wing ANTIFA crap really only spooled up since Trump has been nominated (and chosen) as president. I wonder how that stat of Islam vs Right vs Left would look if we only started counting violence since Trump joined the picture.

Bird_Gunner45 said:

And I wasn't asking for anyone to "fix" anything for me either...

jollyjacktar said:
And I wasn't asking for anyone to "fix" anything for me either...

Perhaps the polite thing for members to do is allow other members to fix ( modify ) their own posts.

FTFY: "Often used sarcastically - not to fix an honest mistake, but to sarcastically disagree with someone."

mariomike said:
Perhaps the polite thing for members to do is allow other members to fix ( modify ) their own posts.

FTFY: "Often used sarcastically - not to fix an honest mistake, but to sarcastically disagree with someone."

But then how would members impose their own perceived superiority over others ?

mariomike said:

Or to use humour to emphasize the point being made. Don't forget that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back