• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal Trainers

Big T

Inactive
Reaction score
Does the military supply personal trainers to soldiers on base in the gym? Or how does this work? What are the options for this?

PSP personnel that work at the CF Fitness facilities will provide advice but they will not be your personal trainer per see.

Big T said:
What are the options for this?
go to a library, find books and magazines on physical fitness, read them. Go to a book store, find books and magazines on physical fitness, read them. Google up websites related to physical fitness, read them.

paracowboy said:
go to a library, find books and magazines on physical fitness, read them. Go to a book store, find books and magazines on physical fitness, read them. Google up websites related to physical fitness, read them.

Thanks for the reply para, but I beleive you misinterpreted my question! I do know enough about physical fitness to have an effective and efficient workout. I am just curious as to what the military bases or what not offer in terms of help, or assistance to those who do not. And I thought that perhaps there are some personal trainers you can pay for, or like kincanucks had suggested, which makes more sense.

Thanks again for the replys!

Big T said:
Thanks for the reply para, but I beleive you misinterpreted my question! I do know enough about physical fitness to have an effective and efficient workout. I am just curious as to what the military bases or what not offer in terms of help, or assistance to those who do not. And I thought that perhaps there are some personal trainers you can pay for, or like kincanucks had suggested, which makes more sense.
I did misinterpret, my bad. kincanucks had it right. But, frankly, I am distinclty un-impressed with the level of knowledge displayed by the PSP staff I've dealt with, and over-heard 'assisting' others in the gym. Then again, the same holds true for most 'Trainers' I've dealt with/over-heard in commercial gyms.

paracowboy said:
Then again, the same holds true for most 'Trainers' I've dealt with/over-heard in commercial gyms.

So true! (Same experience). And yes doing the "research" on your own gets the job done also... but you must be carefull with your sources! (for those taking this advice).

Just to be clear I am in no way endorsing PSP personnel.  That is why I go to a gym downtown.

kincanucks said:
Just to be clear I am in no way endorsing PSP personnel.  That is why I go to a gym downtown.
there speaks the Voice of Experience.

Back