• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

personal relationships, chain of command and administrative intervention...

Spoo

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a couple questions I'm hoping someone can answer regarding a sticky situation I was/am in.

A fellow reservist, a new MCpl, on class B, this summer began a relationship with a Fresh-off BMQ Pte recruit in his section. It wasn't a course, but at the end of 3 months, he wrote her PER. I think at the time he should have had her switched from his section, and informed him of this, but he made no such move, and denied the relationship (although solid proof exists).

What makes this situation a little messier is the age difference (Pte was 19, him mid 30's). The age thing would normally only seem like a personal issue on my part were it not for the situation now...

This MCpl and Pte have now have returned to their different cities, but I have returned to the same unit as him (the MCpl). In this unit he has just been put in charge of a section which includes 3 college-age females. It annoys me that I know what happened during the summer, but I am unsure if I should say anything about his behavior to anyone, or just wait for it to happen again.

So I'm hoping someone can tell me:
1. If I should mention anything at my current unit to anyone about what occurred this summer?
2. If I should mention anything to the people at the summer posting as to what happened, especially if they are planning on taking him back next year?
3. What would happen if I did anything? I just see it as worst case scenario someone has to re-write her PER.

Thanks for the advice!

As far as I can see, the only issue here is the fact that he wrote her PER.  Whether or not to report it depends on how good her PER was.

If he continues in the same pattern (e.g. he takes up with another "newbie" under his supervision) then perhaps going to his supervisor might be in order.

However... At the same time, unless solid proof in wrong doing has occured, its not your damn business who, if anyone the MCpl may or may not be in a relationship.

If "solid proof" of his "fraternization" exists, then it should have been written up in his assessments and sent to his unit.  He would have also likely faced charges.  If your "solid proof" was not documented, then it becomes nothing more than hearsay.

MedTech said:
However... At the same time, unless solid proof in wrong doing has occured, its not your damn business
Who, if anyone the MCpl may or may not be in a relationship.

I would expect if an NCO was in a relationship with someone under their command that the NCO would have one or the other removed from that particular command, be it an infantry section or whatever. That NCO should NOT have been writing her PER, but that is water under the bridge. If it occurs again, than what George said would apply.

I think I need to qualify my statement some more. I was referring to the OP's remarks RE: the MCpl currently being in charge of 3 college-age females.

That has nothing to do with the OP, in the sense that nothing other then the OP's word vice official RECORD of the supposed "wrong" doing. Which brings us to what George said "Hearsay" which does not stand up to much other then mess chatter and RUMINT, which can hurt and end a career just as easily as an official record.

What type of people the MCpl is or is not in charge of is none of your damn business, unless there is a solid, beyond a reasonable doubt that a wrong doing has occurred, or will repeat itself. If you haven't done your due diligence, then butt out. Don't attempt to hyper vigilant yourself.

Back