• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal fitness Question(s) Cold Weather Trg

Sorry to bump this again, but I could really use some advice from anyone that can give it. I ran about 5.5km in gym with my class. I still managed to hang on to the lead with my friend, but found the last little bit hard on my lungs. It was never nearly this hard when it was warmer. Would wearing a ski mask really help to keep the cold air from getting to me as bad? Does anyone run like this other then the person that mentioned it in the thread?

Seriously it is just too cold to run. I use to run 5k, but cut it down to 2.5k because of the cold. I'm not sure I can even call it a run, maybe a jog. By the end of my run I’m drench to the knee. I want to do the 2.4k run in 10 minutes, but not sure if I can. I haven’t actually timed myself, so I have no idea. I was thinking if I can run further, say 10k, then I may be able to run 2.4k with more speed. I hate snow. I’m to damn paranoid. :-\

Yea, I ran a 10km about a week ago...then this cold front hit. I was on a 5km run, and people were falling out and giving up like no tommorow. Only me and another guy even completed it.

I can usually run the 2.4km in under 9 minutes, but haven't bothered do to ice everywhere...if i went full speed id slip and break my neck, so im sticking to slower runs.

I start basic on the 19th, the physical test is on the same day, boo! What bothers me are my friends, they go for their 10k run for fun, and aren't even doing anything involving anything, if that makes any sense. I skipped running for two days, and feel bad. :( Doing my regular 5k run starting tomorrow, and hopefully by monday I'll start my 10k.

Yeah, up here in alaska we have to run up to -31c, and that's usually around a 6k run in 30mins. Best suggestion is jogging in place, stretching, then jogging in place once you get outside before running. Honestly, some days when it's not too cold, like some of the other folks have previously mentioned, I rather enjoy running in the cold. It keeps me cool, ya know, verses doing the same kind of run in the heat like in Hawaii where I was stationed before. Trust me, you'll appreciate the cold once you run the same time and distance in 35c.

Back