• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parents of New Recruits

• Thread starter Thread starter TeensMom
  • Start date Start date
I would also try the military family resource center with any questions and if there's some sort of family emergency, the base chaplain.  Try to remember that what your son is going through will probably be the most stressful thing he's done up to this point though he'll probably reflect fondly on most of it in less than a year.

Also to be blunt:  though he's your son he's not a child anymore.  As an NCO who's instructed on a few courses I often get the impression that some parents, even a few with military backgrounds, haven't made that distinction and it adds a lot of needless stress to all concerned.  If he works hard and grasps the simple concepts of respect and teamwork he'll do fine.

I am very aware that my son is an adult and has made a life decision.  I was simply looking for a forum that could perhaps be able to answer some questions we may have along the way.  As previously stated, not coming from a Military Family Background, we are not familiar with all of the terms that are being used and sometimes, just having other parents to talk to.  My son is a very mature awesome young man and I know that he will do exceptionally well in what ever he chooses to do and we are in full support of him. :cdn:

Dwayne:

As previously mentioned, you may find what you are looking for here on the "Homefront" forum.

There are additional resources on the internet - try the following:

Military Wives (it's "spouse specific", but is focussed on families):  http://www.renc.igs.net/~tcollier/HOME.htm

"Canada Kicks Ass" - AKA CKA - (somewhat sophomoric, but you may find assistance there):  www.canadaka.net

And of course, the official DND website (this site will lead you to other official resources, such as MFRCs, etcetera):  www.dnd.ca

Good luck - I know you're proud of your son - and you should be.

Roy Harding

I am very aware that my son is an adult and has made a life decision.  I was simply looking for a forum that could perhaps be able to answer some questions we may have along the way.  As previously stated, not coming from a Military Family Background, we are not familiar with all of the terms that are being used and sometimes, just having other parents to talk to.  My son is a very mature awesome young man and I know that he will do exceptionally well in what ever he chooses to do and we are in full support of him.

Glad to hear it and I hope I caused no offence, a couple of incidents involving some very caustic and arrogant people are still fresh in my mind.  If you have any specific questions, I'm sure they can be sorted out in this forum.

Back