• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paid?

Sh0rtbUs

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Recently a Cadet at my school has claimed he is being paid by the RCAC as a Tp. Ldr or something of that nature, BS or no? I strongly suspect he's talking out of his ass.

Yup, they are full of crap.

The only time a cadet is paid is when they get a training bonus from camp or if you are a staff cadet during the summer.

No cadet is paid for just regular training nights.

Yea I definitley agree. Cadets are paid either on training bonuses at summer training camps or when they are staff at summer training camps.

or maybe his CICs decided to give him a little incentive? lol

Well if by RCAC he means Royal Canadian Armoured Corps, then yes he would be getting paid as a Troop Leader ... however if this person is at your school it is likely they are a cadet, in which case there is no pay.

Just stating other possibilities .... you can be a cadet and a reservist at the same time (thus a potential member of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps)

He wouldnt be a troop commander would he though...unless this troop commander failed highschool.

he never said high school. college and universities are schools as well. i have known some cadets to be in college and university.

Did anyone think of the fact he may have been a staff cadet and was relating his experiences from the summer? He'd have gotten $$$ from that...

I say he is full of it, ive never heard of cadets being paid other than camp or staff.

condor888000 said:
Did anyone think of the fact he may have been a staff cadet and was relating his experiences from the summer? He'd have gotten $$$ from that...

Still wouldn't have been a Troop Leader.  Last I checked at ACSTCs, you all worked in Platoons and Companies.  Also, a Tp Leader is a Subalterns position.  Pl or Tp WO yes, Pl Comander or "Troupie" (Friendly and affectionate Armoured term for Troop Leader), unlikely.

Same thing, Flight commanders are actually supposed to be Jr Officers as well.  A FSgt is actually a Warrant Officer, by equivalent.

At camp flt comd's are junior officers, I've had a Officer Cadet, a Lieutenant, and a Captain. At LHQ they are normally a FSgt(rank) or Sgt with the Flt Sgt(position) or 2IC positon being filled by a Sgt

Back