• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Overpaid?

R.I.S.K.

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Just a little background, I am a newly sworn in Officer Cadet (less than a year) in a reserve regiment. I just received my first pay deposit in my bank account the other day and I noticed something odd. I went in for 9 hours of work (1 full day and 1 half day) and received $157.11. This is all fine except for the fact that when I checked the Daily Pay Rates (dated April 2009), an Officer Cadet's base pay should be $92.66 (totaling in $138.99). I was wondering where this extra $18.12 came from.

Did they increase the pay since April 2009? Or is there some sort of bonus allowance for new members of the CF? I don't mean to sound like a money-hating fool (hence why I asked this question here first before taking it to the orderly room). It's just that I feel that I shouldn't start my career doing something I consider unethical by keeping money that was not owed to me.

Thanks all. Oh and yes I have done a search of this

Pay in lieu of leave probably, 10% per class A day.

If you had been underpaid , what would you have done ?

You would have run at full speed to the OR right ?

I agree you should go talk to your clerk and make sure befor you go spending it.

CDN Aviator said:
If you had been underpaid , what would you have done ?

You would have run at full speed to the OR right ?

Yes Sir! Just because I'm almost certain the Clerk's are more used to being bothered with "I was underpaid" claims than "I was overpaid" claims, and that the latter will give you odd looks from the OR clerks and other regimental members.

R.I.S.K. said:
and that the latter will give you odd looks from the OR clerks

In my experience, most clerks will be impressed that someone would come in with an "overpaid" question. Thats because most people keep theri mouths shut when overpaid............then they compain in droves when it gets recovered from their pay.

If you would go straight to the OR for being underpaid........you do the same for overpaid.

CDN Aviator said:
In my experience, most clerks will be impressed that someone would come in with an "overpaid" question. Thats because most people keep theri mouths shut when overpaid............then they compain in droves when it gets recovered from their pay.

If you would go straight to the OR for being underpaid........you do the same for overpaid.

Thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to stop by the Armoury tomorrow when they open up.

Thank you everyone else for the advice! It really helped me through this minor predicament.

CBI 204.52 Pay table effective after March 2010. Officer Cadet, IPC Basic $94.06 per day + PILL (9% of daily rate)

You posted 1.5 days * $94.06 = $141.09 * PILL = $153.79 gross

If 2 full days were paid * $94.06 = $188.12 * PILL = $205.05 gross - 23% deductions (taxes/EI/CPP) = approximately $157.11 net.

I would think you were paid for two full days based on current rates. See your OR and ask to review a copy of your pay statement with the pay clerk.

People complaining that they were over paid?  Urban legend, though I think I saw that in a Disney movie once.  :)

Yes, we did get a pay increase 1 Apr 10.  Go see your clerk, and make sure they are sitting when you tell them your problem.  :)

Back