• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Our justice system coddles offenders (well, maybe only some.......)

Eye In The Sky said:
Not to start a flame war or derail the thread, but as an observation, I would suggest that the fact that he stabbed the victim 83 times is more of an indication as to his mental state than going to the funeral.  

Nah I don't consider that a flame. There's no doubt that the murder was so much worse, but something about him going to the funeral offends me so much. Just because the article said he didn't have a motive doesn't mean that he didn't, and therefore it was the fact that he went to the funeral that cemented how unstable he was in my mind.

benny88 said:
, and therefore it was the fact that he went to the funeral that cemented how unstable he was in my mind.

Did it occur to you that he was a cold-hearted piece of shit that couldn't give a rats ass about anything or anyone?

and I will quote myself for what 'rehab' really means......

Bruce Monkhouse said:
"Rehabilitate"...what a neat word.

I'm going to assume you are a heterosexual male. Now then, I want to "rehabilitate" you, could you please give me a time frame for how many classes/courses you will need before I can "rehabilitate" you into becoming a gay male?

What?...never you say?.....................well there it is folks, bottom line.
[not insulting sexual preferences here but I think all can see that no amount of "rehabilitation" will change yours]

...but wait, you want me to "force" you somehow to take that course?   Just curious, what kind of "force" would be required to make you take that course and of course I can assume you will be actually paying close attention?

Eye In The Sky said:
Did the criminal justice system deter this guy from stabbing someone 83 times?  NO.

Obviously not, but it has surely deterred a great number of other people from all manner of crimes.  (Unless you're of the opinion that having no justice system at all would result in the same crime rate as we have now.)

No justice system in the world, however good, is going to deter every criminal.  Some people seem to be beyond being influenced.

N. McKay said:
Obviously not, but it has surely deterred a great number of other people from all manner of crimes.  (Unless you're of the opinion that having no justice system at all would result in the same crime rate as we have now.)

No justice system in the world, however good, is going to deter every criminal.  Some people seem to be beyond being influenced.

Those are the ones that need to be removed from the gene pool...

Cheers.

N. McKay said:

Neither of those is my point, so my sight picture remains on my original target.

Here's another one.

Article Link

Killer free after three years
By KEVIN MARTIN, SUN MEDIA
The Calgary Sun

CALGARY -- The widow of a slain Calgary man is dismayed his "deranged" killer is back on the streets three years after being ruled legally insane.

Ashlee Morgan yesterday told the Sun she can't believe the Alberta Review Board has determined Stephan Gaetan Lee does not need continued hospitalization.

Lee was found not criminally responsible (NCR) by reason of a mental disorder in December 2005, in connection with the murder of Steven Tavares.

More on link

Back