• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Orientation camp.

Ya I would say so....at least it is only 12 days and you can get a shiny gold star for being able to help your slower course mates? 

o, and I'm going to be at RMC St. Jean....

so no time off on the weekends eh? that sucks...o well, I guess I will have to be that guy that knows the stuff....ugh, I hated some of those people on my course (mind you they were course failures from years prior, so it is kinda different)...cant wait to get on that parade square and hear "squad 1, 2....3.....1" ahahah

Hi there, I've been tasked to "provide support" to the Orientation Camp this summer and was wondering if anyone had experience being staff there. I'm not too concerned about anything, it's a short tasking, just curious. I know the recruits don't get weekends off, will the staff take turns or will everyone stick around every weekend? Also, I notice I get there 25 July and the recruits don't get there until 8 August, what will those 2 weeks consist of, and what sort of duties will I have once the recruits arrive?

benny88 said:
Hi there, I've been tasked to "provide support" to the Orientation Camp this summer and was wondering if anyone had experience being staff there. I'm not too concerned about anything, it's a short tasking, just curious. I know the recruits don't get weekends off, will the staff take turns or will everyone stick around every weekend? Also, I notice I get there 25 July and the recruits don't get there until 8 August, what will those 2 weeks consist of, and what sort of duties will I have once the recruits arrive?

Being staff on the orientation camp is no different than any other course you will be the marching `nco/officer` or back up once or twice in the two week period.  If your not teaching on a specific day, the day is pretty much yours to prepare or do with what you will (minus daily Ogrp).  The weekend still has classes scheduled in it with a bit of forced fun for the troops so don`t expect the whole weekend off but a day/night is usually in the books

The augmentee staff for the civvy U guys showed up on the 25th as we piggyback on the instructor standardization of the 3 week staff at CMR which starts earlier.  Then we carry on prepping for the arrival of the troops.

The staff and the support at CMR is top notch, I had a great time there last year.

Is this part of the Black Bear/Raven reserves training for aboriginal youth?

I do believe there is some orientation the first week including some cultural training. I participated in a similar but not exact program. From the descriptions of what people are saying, this is what it sounds like a bit....

armychick2009 said:
Is this part of the Black Bear/Raven reserves training for aboriginal youth?

I do believe there is some orientation the first week including some cultural training. I participated in a similar but not exact program. From the descriptions of what people are saying, this is what it sounds like a bit....

Nope just an intro to the military (ie: the first two weeks of BMOQ) for civvy U ROTP types.  Very much like the 3 week FYOP that RMC and CMR first year students do.

Back