• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opening the Pickle Jar, Engineer and other solutions.

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
geo said:
(eg: Reserve Engineer Cpl with a Civil Engineer's degree - he's in it for the fun of it all)

So, he can tell you the square root of a jar of pickles, but can't get the lid off.... >:D

Kat Stevens said:
So, he can tell you the square root of a jar of pickles, but can't get the lid off.... >:D

LMAO....just like some of the PH3 and PH4 i used to teach !!

Quote from: geo on Today at 16:46:53
(eg: Reserve Engineer Cpl with a Civil Engineer's degree - he's in it for the fun of it all)

(So, he can tell you the square root of a jar of pickles, but can't get the lid off....)

No, but he can at least read the instructions on the label on how to open them.

TM

We'll have to split this hijack off the original thread ....

But doesn't the Engineer Jar Opening Manual have some procedure using a wrap of det cord just under the edge of the lid?  The pickles may be screwed, but it's all good training.

turretmonster said:

TM

Sorry Micheal but i have to pipe up.

TM, with a blank profile such as yours, i would be so quick to make implications you can't back up.  Next time make sure your brain is engaged before opening that orifice under your nose.

turretmonster said:
Quote from: geo on Today at 16:46:53

(So, he can tell you the square root of a jar of pickles, but can't get the lid off....)

TM

I have to bite: are there directions on a jar of pickles explaining how to open it? If so, are they there for the guys with the civil engineering degree? Discuss.....

Al

Well there spec sheets for everything in the engring world, including the number of rotations, degree of the cant of the grooves and the torque required to open said pickle jar lid. So indeed Al, there are directions..sort of... that and the nifty text about the safetly lid popping up when opened.
And to think I typed all this without ever engaging the orifice under my nose.

TM

Moving to radio chatter for the continuation of the invention pickle jar opening thread, play nice or it goes.

This only works if you want ALL the pickles at once.

score the glass in a circle at either the top or bottom of jar...
put a strainer underneath
CLANK

there you go.

Ugh! I can't believe you all missed the Engineer reality!

1. Remove jar from fridge;
2. Spy left-over ale from night before;
3. Drop pickle jar on floor;
4. Scoop beer, crack open, drink deeply;
5. Swear at broken jar of pickles that cut your foot that some dumass left lying in front of the fridge;
6. Pickles?...what pickles?; and
7. Go laugh at buddy who missed the beer.

Reserve Engineer Cpl with a Civil Engineer's degree - he's in it for the fun of it all

Umm, guys... a Civil Engineer is responsible for buildings, roads and such.

I should know. I spent three months working OJT with CE Shilo. Infact, i designed the freshly (summer of 05) paved parade square across from the new 2PPCLI complex in CFB Shilo amongst other things.

So, the question should be some how directed towards Combat Engineers... or Herbie's...

It took you 3 months to design a paved rectangle?  Don't tell me, UofT Engineering, right?

Ummm...Guy, what does a Herbie have to do with the Res Engineer Cpl?

a Herbie has absolutely nothing to do with engineering.

(3 months to redraw old drawings, pave a rectangle, design a culvert for behind the 2PP building, detail and make future plans for curb repair around base... three months, not full days.)

Back