• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Op Nanook 2012

danteh

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if I could possibly grab some information of former members who have gone.

I am going as a Fire Fighter and there was no information passed down to what we (fire fighters) are actually doing there. Alot of information in terms of everyone else.

My CoC doesn't know whats going on there either. There is really a lack of information so any given would be greatly appreciated.

Don't need to discuss personnel movement details (dates) here....

Best luck is for your CoC to go higher for more details. 

SupersonicMax said:
Don't need to discuss personnel movement details (dates) here....

Best luck is for your CoC to go higher for more details.

Didn't even think about the dates being a bad idea. Edited my post.

danteh said:
Hey guys I was wondering if I could possibly grab some information of former members who have gone.

I am going as a Fire Fighter and there was no information passed down to what we (fire fighters) are actually doing there. Alot of information in terms of everyone else.

My CoC doesn't know whats going on there either. There is really a lack of information so any given would be greatly appreciated.

Go to your training cell and see where you sit on the CFTPO.  You should be able to see who you're working under and can then get a hold of them to get more info.

In past years, from what the media reported, the CF both set up austere airfields and assisted in operation of existing civilian airfields.  Odds are you'll contribute to that.  There may be scenarios exercised where your skills are needed.

In addition, with the establishment of temporary camps for military personnel, there's a need for fire safety work - you'd be amazed how stupid people can be.

Those are my off the top of my head from what I've previously read thoughts on what a firefighter may do.  Read up on past years of Op Nanook, see how your skills would fit in, and figure that this year's exercise will be different from last year's, but similar...

Ya I did read up on last years OP and checked out the army news broadcast but they were pretty vague so I was just just hoping for some more insight.

I really hope more info gets passed down before we get there :/

danteh said:
Ya I did read up on last years OP and checked out the army news broadcast but they were pretty vague so I was just just hoping for some more insight.

I really hope more info gets passed down before we get there :/

It really is the nature of this Op that, unless you are one of the planners, you're not going to know what's going on until the short strokes.

Back