• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples (only with PR) 2022-PRESENT

Recruiting Centre: HMCS. Star Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: PRes
Officer/NCM: OFFICER
Trade Choice 1: NWO
Trade Choice 2: Artillery Officer, didn't proceed with it
Trade Choice 3:

Application: Mar 27, 2024
First Contact: Mar 27, 2024
CFAT: Jun 11, 2024
MOST: Jun 28, 2024
Pre-Assessment application: Aug 7, 2024
Interview/Medical:
Medical Forms Submitted:
Med Fit:
Background Check: Jun 11, 2024
Reliability status Granted: Aug 6, 2024
Security Screening level 3:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:
@MalayanTapir where you moved to competition list after reliability status. I have also completed my background check.

How long does pre-assessment take and how long you been in Canada. If a person stayed for 5 years o more do they move to completion list like @jmico91

How long does pre-assessment take and how long you been in Canada. If a person stayed for 5 years o more do they move to completion list like @jmico91
If you spent more then 6 months out of the last 10 years out of country you will likely need a pre assessment. It takes roughly 18-36 months. This waiting period only starts after you’ve been granted the initial background check (reliability status) which will take a couple months by itself.

Judging by your previous comments, you have finished the reliability status but are in that 18-36 month wait. After that wait is complete, assuming it comes back favourably and you’ve passed both the med/ CFAT you’d go to a completion list.

The user you mentioned likely got to skip the wait bc as he said, he’s only left the country for 2 months (to our closest ally, America) , been in country for 14 years, and moved when he was very young. All factors that look favourable to not needing a pre screen. Everyone’s circumstances are different and recruitment will be your best source of information about your particular prescreen needs.

If you spent more then 6 months out of the last 10 years out of country you will likely need a pre assessment. It takes roughly 18-36 months. This waiting period only starts after you’ve been granted the initial background check (reliability status) which will take a couple months by itself.

Judging by your previous comments, you have finished the reliability status but are in that 18-36 month wait. After that wait is complete, assuming it comes back favourably and you’ve passed both the med/ CFAT you’d go to a completion list.

The user you mentioned likely got to skip the wait bc as he said, he’s only left the country for 2 months (to our closest ally, America) , been in country for 14 years, and moved when he was very young. All factors that look favourable to not needing a pre screen. Everyone’s circumstances are different and recruitment will be your best source of information about your particular prescreen needs.
@Readyplayer1. Is the reference check same as reliability check or is it after reference check. The file manger told that my security check was initiated after which I got reference check email.My reference check was completed last week but didn’t hear anything after that. Also when do they do credit check.

Last edited:
@Readyplayer1. Is the reference check same as reliability check or is it after reference check. The file manger told that my security check was initiated after which I got reference check email.My reference check was completed last week but didn’t hear anything after that. Also when do they do credit check.
The reference check and credit check are done first in order to grant your reliability status. Takes a few weeks. It sounds like that’s finished for you. Now you need to wait to be granted secret status. It will likely take a year or two

Hi everyone,

Here is my contribution, gonna help me with the waiting haha.

I'm PR, from France (guess the country can have a role in the security clearance time ?).
In Canada for the last 6 years and no travel outside of the country for more than 2 weeks during this time.

Recruiting Centre : Montreal
Regular/Reserve : PRes
Officer/NCM : NCM
Trade Choice 1 : Infantry
Trade Choice 2 :
Trade Choice 3 :

Application : Oct 24, 2023
First Contact : Nov 9, 2023
CFAT : Jan 25, 2024
Medical : Feb 12, 2024
Medical Forms Submitted : Not needed.
Med Fit : Apr 23, 2024 (i had to send an email after like 10 weeks to get the answer about my medical).
Interview : May 14, 2024
Security Screening level 2 : Aug 5, 2024 (they told me the form was sent at this date).
FORCE : Sep 4, 2024
Competition List :
Selected :
Position Offered :
Enrolment :
BMOQ :

I guess my last step is to wait and wait and wait for the security clearance now.

Recruiting Centre: HMCS. Star Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: PRes
Officer/NCM: OFFICER
Trade Choice 1: NWO
Trade Choice 2: Artillery Officer, didn't proceed with it
Trade Choice 3:

Application: Mar 27, 2024
First Contact: Mar 27, 2024
CFAT: Jun 11, 2024
MOST: Jun 28, 2024
Pre-Assessment application: Aug 7, 2024
Interview/Medical:
Medical Forms Submitted:
Med Fit:
Background Check: Jun 11, 2024
Reliability status Granted: Aug 6, 2024
Security Screening level 3:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:
@MalayanTapir how long it took you to complete reliability clearance?

Back