• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On the right track? Asking for the correct information at the CFRC.

untouchables

Inactive
Reaction score
So I've been in the process of enrolling into the reserves since November of 09 and I understand that most trades are closed and all potential recruits are in the 'waiting system'. Now I've been relaxing for 2 months now since my last contact with the CFRC. Well my specific point of inquiry is:

"What should I specifically ask for when I call and avoid the same answer I got last time"

Now when I call the the local CFRC its mostly blurted questions on the spot, so it feels kind of awkward speaking towards an authority such as the CFRC, and also omitting some important questions I forgot to ask which leads to the same answer I get: trades are closed.

I understand that a receptionist will handle the call at first then connect to the other departments when necessary. So at this stage I would like to make a call to make an inquiry of the next available positions for future training years or so, and the current status of my file: whether its closed or not, or if I have to reapply due to some possible mistake or so.

So should I just start by asking the status of my file? Because last time I was immediately told that there were no openings and ended the call, I was slightly down for not being able to get all the information I needed for the next steps of waiting. So just immediately ask the status of the file ? Or start with openings? Since my experience tells me that theres a possibility that I'll get the same answer again.  I would like to make the next call clear and precise for myself and the nice recruiter on the phone so I don't I have to nag the office into giving me my recruitment status or whatnot.

Thank you in advance ;D

Just a little background: CFAT DEC 09...guess that's it.

You pretty much answered yourself. As about the status of your file. They will let you know what is going on with it, you could ask about your options if your trades are closed. It's pretty much very late in the game, and I'm pretty sure most trades are closed or are very close to being closed till April. Best of luck!

THank you very much for pointing that out, guess Ill be a little more on the 'offensive' when i ask my recruitment status next time to avoid getting informed of the same info again . Well for the trades I understand that PRes infantry trade  in area is pretty much closed up right now, aside from that there are others like me who are also waiting.

Insert Name Here said:
to avoid getting informed of the same info again .

I'm not sure what it is you are expecting to get. If the trade you want is closed, there is only one answer they can give you.

You : "hello CFRC, whats the status on my application ?"
CFRC : "Your trade is closed"

If you trade was open they would have something to tell you.

True said Mr. Aviator, and thank you for pointing that out to me. Aside from that, if theres some mistake or discrepancy made on the initial recruitment papers they'll naturally contact you right?

Depends on who made the mistake.  If you made the mistake, how would they know?

Make sure to write down the questions you'd like to ask.

But the first question you should ask, since it's the most important, is the status of your application. Since it's reserves, you could also contact your recruiter(s) and inquire about vacancies. Look into other reserve units in your area, if that interests you.

It may just be the case that the reserve units have no vacancies, in which case there's nothing the recruiting centre can do with your application, and you have to wait for April.

Yes thank you for the reply Nauticus, I was informed and searched up that PRes in area is apparently full for quite some time, so I'm presumably on the wait list at the moment, and I was supposedly to change reserve unit selections since the original unit I applied was full, they haven't contacted me about that yet but I've called back and its on hold. I assume that trying to contact and establish a connection with the local unit in person instead of CFRC will speed things up or be notified of vacancies in the short future correct? A visit to local units would prove beneficial since they handle the final processing correct?

On the side note: For the general case like this, all security checks and background checks are halted along with the process right? And presumably reference  contacts too? Which means I should probably recontact these contacts eh?

Insert Name Here said:
Yes thank you for the reply Nauticus, I was informed and searched up that PRes in area is apparently full for quite some time, so I'm presumably on the wait list at the moment, and I was supposedly to change reserve unit selections since the original unit I applied was full, they haven't contacted me about that yet but I've called back and its on hold. I assume that trying to contact and establish a connection with the local unit in person instead of CFRC will speed things up or be notified of vacancies in the short future correct? A visit to local units would prove beneficial since they handle the final processing correct?

On the side note: For the general case like this, all security checks and background checks are halted along with the process right? And presumably reference  contacts too? Which means I should probably recontact these contacts eh?

Typically, if there is nowhere for your file to go, it would be a waste of time to complete your application, especially since much of it would have to be re-done next year anyway.

A reserve unit's recruiter can tell you whether there are vacancies in their reserve unit or not. That is about as much assistance during the application process as they can be.

Thank you for the reply again  :salute: , guess I should make inquiries about vacancies with local units soon.

Back