• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ol School.

Back to Basics.

Inactive
Reaction score
  :cdnsalute:I'd like to talk to all about something that has been bothering me for sometime now and would like very much to hear any feed back.  It is about bloody time the Government reversed that horseshit put in place by the Liberal Government of the late "60"s and brought back the uniforms of the Royal Canadian Navy, The Canadian Army, and The Royal Canadian Air Force.  Let's face it folks, people are crows.  We like shiney things and going back old school will grab the attention of those thinking of joining and it will keep those thinking of leaving from doing so.  Lookinng the part is half the battle.  A web site is soon coming that will show how tings shouls be asweel as petitions.  I have read the CFAO's and the QR&O's and there is nothing about the old uniforms and there wearing, so I went out, took me two months, but I bought the necessast kit for what a soldier of the Canadian Army is supposed to look like.  And what ever happened to the "ROYAL" in the names of the Navy and Airforce?  A change is afoot folks and when the site is up and running the Governement will have no choice but to put things right again.  Never mess with dose not have to be messed with right?  The Governement needs people to join and have those alreay in, to stay.  Make the necessary changes and all will slowly fall into place.  Bring back pre 1968.  I want to wear an Army uniform like my dad did.  If I look it, I'll feel it.

I sure hope that school computer has learn to spell programs.....

CDN Aviator said:
Oh good, this old argument again

You mean this isn't the first time someone thought of this??........awww nuts.

Back to Basics. said:
  :cdnsalute:I'd like to talk to all about something that has been bothering me for sometime now and would like very much to hear any feed back.  It is about bloody time the Government reversed that horseshit put in place by the Liberal Government of the late "60"s and brought back the uniforms of the Royal Canadian Navy, The Canadian Army, and The Royal Canadian Air Force.  Let's face it folks, people are crows.  We like shiney things and going back old school will grab the attention of those thinking of joining and it will keep those thinking of leaving from doing so.  Lookinng the part is half the battle.  A web site is soon coming that will show how tings shouls be asweel as petitions.  I have read the CFAO's and the QR&O's and there is nothing about the old uniforms and there wearing, so I went out, took me two months, but I bought the necessast kit for what a soldier of the Canadian Army is supposed to look like.  And what ever happened to the "ROYAL" in the names of the Navy and Airforce?  A change is afoot folks and when the site is up and running the Governement will have no choice but to put things right again.  Never mess with dose not have to be messed with right?  The Governement needs people to join and have those alreay in, to stay.  Make the necessary changes and all will slowly fall into place.  Bring back pre 1968.  I want to wear an Army uniform like my dad did.  If I look it, I'll feel it.

I suppose then, that you are also aware of the regulations that expressly prohibit members of the CF from signing petitions right?

Just curious, and want to make sure you get all your background info correct.

would you also propose we switch equipment also  ::)

And don't bring in the worked for them so it will work for us, statement  ::) because if you go back, and ask these people I bet they b****ed as much about there kit as we do.

just my 2 cents

Back to Basics. said:
  And what ever happened to the "ROYAL" in the names of the Navy and Airforce? 

Maybe you are not aware but, after unification, The Army, RCN and RCAF ceased to exist as legal entities. What we commonly refer to as "Army, Air Force and Navy" do not exist as such. They exist as "Land forces Command, Maritime Command and Air Command".

So there you have it, your answer to "whatever happenned to..."

Lets go way back... like.. Roman era toga and sword. I can see the taliban running for the hills if we look the part  ::).

Leave  it be. Its never going to be 1968 or prior to it ever again, let it go.

Togas and swords???  Luxury!!!!

Back in the day we wore bearskins as loincloths, and we had to strip the skin off of living bears with our bare hands.  We had to make our own javelins by chewing sticks to a point.  And we had to pay our Sergeants for the privilege of going into battle.

Kids today are so soft...

ArmyVern said:
Bring me a new uniform ... and a shruuuubbeerrryyyy!!

Well, coming from you, I would have thought a new uniform (that you will be delighted to explain why such an such has it before such and such  :D)
and some chaps ...

Yrys said:
and some chaps ...

I've already said it on this site ... "one day when I'm the CDS" ...

Don't hold your breath waiting though; I'm smart enough to know that'll get you nowhere quite quickly!   ;)

Hmmmmm, bring back the old days....

Centurion was a rank.
First charge in the military was for "Dust in the cave"

And a whole host of other sayings...... Anybody care to add to the list?

Small Arms Instructor Courses focused on the following weapons:
Large Rock
Larger Rock
Big Stick
SERE Course's Final Exam consisted of:
Evading a sabre tooth tiger
Successfully collecting a wooly mammoths tail hair

ArmyVern said:
Vern could still wear a thong and get away with it ...

Oh, I'm sure colleagues and inferiors in ranks would still  let you get away with it  >:D !

A gas grenade was an onion on a stick!
The Mk II combat sandal was the one with toe straps.  ;)

Meals consisted of wine, flatbread and meat, if you were lucky..... ;D

Back