• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NSCE Review Thread

I had my Phase II lesson plans a week and a half before the test was written, yet have still not received my mark.

I had 90 minutes to finish the test.

is NSCE different by regions? my corps (pac) hasn't gotten our NSCE phase I results yet

the NSCE testing *should* be standard across the nation...since it is the National Star...

I always found it quite odd that they weren't held on standard dates across the nation: sort of defeats the purpose of standardized testing.

Anyone know where I can find the requirements for the PT tests? I am takin my NSCE soon and I wanted to know how many push ups, sit ups etc.. I need to get on the test to get at least a silver. I got gold when I was 14, but I wanted to know what I need now that I am 15.

But I forgot what I got.. does anyone have just like a chart or something?? Because some other cadets are lookin for it.

or it can be found in the star level CTPs (although im not sure exactly which star level it is in)

Best of luck to all yet to complete Phase II: I passed mine this weekend. Truly is a great and relieving feeling; well worth for all cadets to experience :)

I'm brand new to this board, my board name will say where I'm from.
Thank you people, I'm heading off to NSCE on Wensday (2 days :o) and this information has helped big time.
For my first drill lesson I'm teaching 'Fall In And Out Of Ranks' I've been told by a freind that this lesson is a hard one to teach, any tips to help me out?

It is hard to teach in the sense that you can't follow a proper drill lesson format (it's an individual movement and can't really be done collectively).  I had this lesson on my staff cadet precourse and I used objects to signify other people in the ranks, and assessed the cadets individually (explaining why it could not be done collectively).

i just got backed from pac region 1st intake NSCE and i passed! NSCE'd!

Sweet stuff, just got back today from phase 2 as well. NSCE qualified!! And without a retest needed.
Going there for the 4 days was so worth it, had loads of fun as well.

Four days?! Yours must be organized differently than in the Atlantic region.

For you goons that are looking for the PT Test Requirements according to age it's in the GREEN STAR MANUAL man even our new recruits who don't even have green star books yet know that info  :P...lol...xox latah xox

'Tis also in the Reference Book, since not all of us keep a Green Star Manual nearby.

Yeah, they take 2 intakes into Vernon (each is half of spring break) and they test us all up there at once. you do your testing the day after you arrive and finish the next day. Then they brought us over to the pool for a swim night, then re-tests, then grad parade and we bussed back home.

Back