• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEWS FLASH - JOBS AVAILABLE NOW AND BMQ 22 FEB 05

A simple question, approximately when do they decide on who they are going to recruit for BMQ 22 FEB 05?

I'm just asking because it turns out Borden forgot to mail some of my info to my CFRC it should get sorted out soon but I was hoping to make it in this group.

Copper_Sunrise said:
A simple question, approximately when do they decide on who they are going to recruit for BMQ 22 FEB 05?

I'm just asking because it turns out Borden forgot to mail some of my info to my CFRC it should get sorted out soon but I was hoping to make it in this group.

Approx. every two days starting this week until the positions are filled.

kincanucks said:
31 Oct 05 and Jan 06.
Thanks. Along those same lines since you're in the know, how heavily is GPA from university considered when selecting candidates and how much is a person's academic background (major, courses) taken in to account?

adrock said:
Thanks. Along those same lines since you're in the know, how heavily is GPA from university considered when selecting candidates and how much is a person's academic background (major, courses) taken in to account?

Once again.  Academics can count for up to twenty percent of the selection score.  The higher your GPA the higher the assigned score.  How related the major is to the occupation is of course very important.  A Masters will give you more points than a BA.

kincanucks said:
Once again.   Academics can count for up to twenty percent of the selection score.   The higher your GPA the higher the assigned score.   How related the major is to the occupation is of course very important.   A Masters will give you more points than a BA.

Hi kincanucks, if this is posted somewhere else I apologise but what are the percentages that make up the MP score? ie. you just mentioned that academics can count for up to 20% how do the other skills factor in, approximately of course.

Also I may not post a lot on this forum but after waiting for over a year for this whole recruiting process to be over I must say you alone have made the last few steps much more bearable. I just wish my recruiting centre were this easily accessible and up front with information. So thank you.

Copper_Sunrise said:
Hi kincanucks, if this is posted somewhere else I apologise but what are the percentages that make up the MP score? ie. you just mentioned that academics can count for up to 20% how do the other skills factor in, approximately of course.

Also I may not post a lot on this forum but after waiting for over a year for this whole recruiting process to be over I must say you alone have made the last few steps much more bearable. I just wish my recruiting centre were this easily accessible and up front with information. So thank you.

Are we still talking about DEO?

MP is assigned by the Military Career Counsellor (MCC) and based on:

Academic achievement
accepting criticism
conformity to rules
initiative
motivation towards CF
oral communication
perform under stress
perseverance
physical endurance
teamwork
learning potential (CFAT)

For officers leadership is also assessed.

For the DEO boards:

Academic performance
Leadership/Management
Motivation
Potential/Employability

kincanucks said:
CFRG is looking hard and fast to fill the following occupations with the intent of making offers to unskilled applicants in time for the last BMQ session for this FY which starts on 22 Feb 05:

pos remaining this FY
021 Arty Fd 35
215 Sig Op 38
434 FCS Tech                 11
275 NCI Op 7
276 NES Op                 30
277 Nav Comm                 11
278 Sonar Op                 14
283 NE Tech(A) 22
284 NE Tech(C) 18
285 NE Tech(T) 36

So if you have been merit listed for another trade and are tired of waiting and really want to get in the CF and serve your country, then contact your CFRC/D and tell them you are interested in one of the above trades.   If you meet the requirements for it then you will be merit listed and maybe you will be slogging through the snow at St. Jean sooner than you thought.    :salute: :cdn:

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking about  Arty Fd for a while, I called yesterday and added the trait to my profile.

Kincanuks,

Pretty simple question here but please bear with me.  When you are merit listed are you put on a merit list for all your trades?  OR is your rating different for all the different ones.  I.E. myself for example am going for Infantry, Crewman, Combat Eng. in that order.  Does thast mean that I am merit listed for all three and its just a matter of first come first serve,  which ever trade gets drawn first?

putz said:
Kincanuks,

Pretty simple question here but please bear with me.   When you are merit listed are you put on a merit list for all your trades?   OR is your rating different for all the different ones.   I.E. myself for example am going for Infantry, Crewman, Combat Eng. in that order.   Does thast mean that I am merit listed for all three and its just a matter of first come first serve,   which ever trade gets drawn first?

You are merit listed for all of your trades and yes you can have different ratings for each trade.  If you first choice is Infantry and they need more Combat Engineers then you may get selected for Combat Engineers over Infantry.

The first selection list is out.  If you want to know if you are on it, send me a PM with your name and CFRC/D.

Hey Kincanucks,

Just wondering if the listing of NCM positions for FY 05/06 is out yet?

Thanks!

quebecrunner said:
My god! Only one 56 Bioscience officer!!!!

I do now understand why the last selection, i didnt was accepted!!!!!!   ::)

That number isn't surprising.  At this time, I think there are only about 27 Bios in the CF.

Back