• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New TT vest for the CF???

westie47

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a question for any guys from VP in Edmonton. Tactical Tailor came up there and built some custom vests for some Patricia guys, don't know which bn. Does anyone have any info on these vests? Pics? All I know is that they were made Canadian-specific.

They came up about a week ago to the 1st Bn and had allot of stuff to give out and such, no pics yet of the vests but they have linked up with the PPCLI kitshop so that stuff could be sold out of there in the near future.

If you wouldn't mind giving us an update when you hear more that would be awesome!

All I know is that they had three versions of vests: rifleman, C9, and M203. The rifleman is cap-able of carrying 10 mags, IFAK, 4 frags, 2 smoke

The M203 also carries 12 eggs

The C9 vest will carry 4 boxes.

They are in OD and Tan as Dave's is the only one who can sell in Cadpat, from what I understand, they will be carrying them in Cadpat. I am waiting for pics as well.

What's the advantage of these task specific rigs as opposed to a modular setup?

Brihard said:
Sure, but can raptors and triceratops use the same piece of kit?  :P

i think I-6 was refering to Kaf-a-saurus / garasaurus

What's the official CF position on the TacVest? Have they confirmed that its not performing to standard and it will be replaced in the near future (ofcourse by near future i mean...well you know) or are they pretty much stuck with it for the next 10-20 years?

I wouldn't hold my breath for a replacement.

Basically, some dudes from Edmonton called TT and asked them to make some versts up to what they wanted. TT did and brought them up, apparently they were well-recieved. Why they were not modular, I do not know. It would be pretty hard to make a be all, end all vest. I am interested in seeing it however.

westie47 said:
It would be pretty hard to make a be all, end all vest.

is that not how we ended up with the issued TV in the first place ?  ;D

I'll just clarify a bit of confusion here.  TT was invited up by a member of 1 VP who used, and was impressed by, their kit on Op ARCHER.  The Rep was asked to bring up rigs for a rifleman and C9 gunner.  He brought a couple of MAVs with pouches set up to meet specific needs, not fixed systems.  As noted he had a rifleman setup with mag pouches for 9 mags and a C9 setup with pouches for 4 boxes.  The rigs were modular, he just brought them pre-assembled to give an idea of the customization that is possible. 

One of the guys in my regt used TT for his tour in Afghanistan.  His vest was pretty much all TT, with the exception of two pouches.  I believe he assembled it himself.

We are very happy to announce the addition of Tactical Tailor to our list of gear suppliers!!

;D

PAT-Platoon said:
What's the official CF position on the TacVest? Have they confirmed that its not performing to standard and it will be replaced in the near future (ofcourse by near future i mean...well you know) or are they pretty much stuck with it for the next 10-20 years?

We're(2PPCLI) is gonna be trialing a new vest(s) when we deploy as TF 1-08, dunno anything else about it aside from theres a few different variants of it. When the 1CMBG Commander came an talked to us this morning he said something about one being modular.

MikeL - that's very interesting. I am deploying as part of 1-08, don't know in what capacity as of yet. We are not getting too much info about it. Looking at the CFTPO though, there doesn't seem to be too many jobs for inf sect comds.  Anyway, what is the Bn attitude toward aftermarket kit?

Guys from other tours(1-06 an 3-06) bought their own chest rigs, assualt packs, etc for tour.  But one of my MCpls told our plt to wait out on buying our own chest rigs. etc since we could be given one of the new vest's to test out.

MikeL --- keep in mind that exactly what C Coy 3VP was told -- and they did not get them...

Back