• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Political Endorsement from..... The Taliban

Danjanou

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
And surprising no one......

“Taliban urges Canada's next PM to pull troops”

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080909/taliban_canadian_election_/20080909?hub=TopStories

Reprinted under the fair copyright yada yada…..

The Canadian Press
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- The Taliban say they know that an election campaign is underway in Canada and that's why they have stepped up attacks against Canadians in Afghanistan.

Taliban spokesman Qari Muhammad Yussef said Tuesday the insurgent movement wants Canada's next prime minister to pull Canadian troops out of Afghanistan.

"Yes, I know that the election is being held in Canada. That is why our attacks on Canadians are increased," Yussef said through a translator.

"One of the Canadian soldiers, who has won a medal as well, was killed in our recent attacks."

Sgt. Scott Shipway died Sunday when his armoured vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in the volatile Panjwaii district of Kandahar.
The seasoned soldier, who was cited for saving a comrade's life during his previous tour in Afghanistan in 2006, was just days away from the end of his second tour when the blast occurred.

Yussef said he's familiar with Prime Minister Stephen Harper but isn't sure about the other candidates or parties running in the Canadian election.

While he doesn't know which party is most likely to withdraw Canadian troops from Afghanistan, Yussef said such a platform will be "good for that party and for their nation and for the Canadian people."

"My suggestion for the next prime minister is to withdraw Canadians from Afghanistan," he said, adding Canada needs to stop following U.S. foreign policy.

"When any of these party leaders come to power, the first thing they must do is ask the Canadians to come from Afghanistan to Canada."
As for the impending U.S. election, Yussef said he doesn't care much for American politics. He said he believes the next U.S. president, regardless of who is chosen, will be just as bad as the current one.

"American elections are just a fixed game. Their policies were mad 20 years ago," he said.

"Whoever will be the leader, he will playing the same role -- I mean a negative role."

This is not the first time the Taliban have spoken out directly to Canadians in recent weeks. Days after two Canadian aid workers were shot to death in an ambush south of Kabul last month, the Taliban issued an "open letter" urging Canadians to press their government to withdraw troops from Afghanistan.

The Taliban suggested attacks like the one that killed Shirley Case and Jacqueline Kirk, who were working for the New York-based International Rescue Committee, would happen again as long as Canada continued following the "American" agenda. In the letter, insurgents blamed Canada for injuring and killing many Afghan men, women and children.

The Taliban suggested the attack on the aid workers was revenge, possibly for an incident two weeks earlier when Canadian troops accidentally shot two children to death. The Canadians feared the vehicle they were riding in was going to attack them when it failed to stop as ordered.

Yussef reiterated the Taliban warning to Canadians little more than a week ago after three soldiers were killed in a direct fire ambush in the Zhari district of Kandahar.

Cpl. Andrew Grenon, Cpl. Mike Seggie, and Pte. Chad Horn died when their armoured vehicle was hit in a "direct attack."
"I repeat what I said before, that I warn Canadians again to leave Afghanistan if you don't want to have more casualties here," Yussef said at the time.

I'm at the point where I don't care whether the mission is following US policy or not...I just want to get rid of a holes like that guy...

Next thing you'll see Jack Leighton holding a conference with a representative from a 'foreign power'.... The Taliban..Discussing the withdrawal of Canadian troops....Do the NDP even HAVE a foreign policy? I wonder how a party that has virtually no international diplomatic experience generaes a foreign policy statement.

Our interests being similar to those of the US? NO! Who'd a thunk it!?!?!

"Hide from the public eye, choose to appear when it suits you
Claim you're just, killing women and children
Fight, when you choose to fight, hide in a cave when you're hunted
Like a beast spawned from hell, utilizing fear

Chosen by god or a coward insane?
Stand up and show me your face!

Suicidal, in a trance
A religious army
Fight without a uniform and hide in the crowd
Call it holy, call it just
Authorized by heaven
Leave your wounded as they die, and call it gods will

Run when its time to pay, fear consequence of your action
Reappear, when you're almost forgotten
Dream of a world in peace, yet you cause pain and destruction
Kill your own, a response of your actions

Captured in all you lies, fear is in your eyes
Creature who's gone insane, your war is in vain
Trapped in a cage of stone, we'll destroy your home
Consequence of your action"

In The Name of God  -  Sabaton

I really don't care what these people say.  It is in Canadas best interest to wipe them out as we represent what they hate, and as such, we are a target.
I will not vote for any political party that will aim to undo what the CF has achieved over there so far, and have the Canadian deaths be in vain.  I sincerely hope we as a country, will remain dedicated.  However, that is easy for me to say because it is not I who is bleeding and sweating over there yet.

*Edit* I was seeing what was quoted and I noticed I made a small, but extremely important error.  I missed the "not" in the last sentence.

Koenigsegg said:
"Hide from the public eye, choose to appear when it suits you
Claim you're just, killing women and children
Fight, when you choose to fight, hide in a cave when you're hunted
Like a beast spawned from hell, utilizing fear

Chosen by god or a coward insane?
Stand up and show me your face!

Suicidal, in a trance
A religious army
Fight without a uniform and hide in the crowd
Call it holy, call it just
Authorized by heaven
Leave your wounded as they die, and call it gods will

Run when its time to pay, fear consequence of your action
Reappear, when you're almost forgotten
Dream of a world in peace, yet you cause pain and destruction
Kill your own, a response of your actions

Captured in all you lies, fear is in your eyes
Creature who's gone insane, your war is in vain
Trapped in a cage of stone, we'll destroy your home
Consequence of your action"

In The Name of God  -  Sabaton

I really don't care what these people say.  It is in Canadas best interest to wipe them out as we represent what they hate, and as such, we are a target.
I will not vote for any political party that will aim to undo what the CF has achieved over there so far, and have the Canadian deaths be in vain.  I sincerely hope we as a country, will remain dedicated.  However, that is easy for me to say because it is I who is bleeding and sweating over there yet.

BZ!

Back