• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New MOO Review

Echo9

Inactive
Reaction score
For those of you who are interested, the MOOs for the new reserve regimental names, mirroring the brigade numbers were signed off last week (ie. 33 CER, 34 RGC).

So, as soon as the CFOO is complete (give it a couple of months to work through the system), there will be a whole bunch of new CERs.  This has been a long time in the works, as many of you know.

The bit that I'm interested in is how the organizational changes are going to go down (are there suddenly more LCol/ CWO positions...what happens to previously independent sqn CO's who become OC's of distant but subordinate squadrons...)  The interesting part is that I'm not sure that it's going to be consistent across brigades, let alone across the different areas.

I just learned that 9 field engineers squadron is merged with 3 field regiment for the 34 rgc... at my unit...

That's right.  The following is happening (West to East):

6 FES, 44 FES, 54 ESS  --> 39 CER
8 FER, 33 FES --> 41 CER
2 FER --> 32 CER
3 FES --> 33 CER
9 EGC, 3 FER --> 34 RGC
10 EGC  --> 35 RGC

The interesting thing out of this is that it's likely to create a few more LCol and CWO positions (BC, AB, Ottawa, QC), and will also result in some changes to the honouraries- I suspect that it will prove again the adage that the most bitter fights are over those things that matter least.

Well what do you know... I guess I managed to put 3 FES over the top and into Regimental status  ;) ... as I was just informed a few days ago that I start parading with them on the 9th of January. Interesting. It'll be a change going from reg force infantry training into reserve Engineer, but I'm looking forward to it.

Back