• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Forums & Sub-Forums? The Evolution of Army.ca

done

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You guys are scaring me! I just got out of the reg force and thinking about joining the reserve!

securitas

I guess it depends on where you are or if your lucky or not Harris. i was on a tasking in pet last month and i ran into a guy who i was on tour with (the year eairlier) and i asked him what he was doing and he said it was his first day signing into 3rcr. (who we went to bosnia with) i asked him how long ago he put his papers in and he said as soon as he got back. (again the year previous) Another friend is still waiting he says. Whats odd is that these guys aren‘t just "some reservest trying to go reg force", these two guys spent 6 months training with the battalion and 6 months over seas.

The team of moderators here have been discussing the possibility of creating several new forums. The best way to get a feel for the feasibility of these new forums is to poll the users, which is what this is for. Here are the forum suggestions:

Military Related - Anything related to the military, but not directly applicable to the Canadian Forces. (E.G. Theoretical scenarios, gaming, etc.)

French - Discussions in French.

Political - Debate the politics of our Army. (E.G.: LFRR, Clothe The Soldier, etc.)

Weaponry - Things that go boom.

Please vote to let us know your opinion on these forums. If you have any comments about any of these, please reply to this post.

Cheers

Excellent ideas, and to further that, I would like to volunteer to moderate the Weaponry and/or Political forums. Both could be of use to the site.

Thanks Redeye, I appreciate the offer. The response has been pretty good (except to the French forum) so we may create them all on a trial basis and see how it works out...

Cheers

I think the french forum would work as a large part of military personel are posted in french areas and are on french peacekeeping missions.

How about a "Veterans" Forum?

There‘s many stories waiting to be told from local Legions and Army, Navy, Air Force Clubs.

...and you thought we had it tough when we were in....

How much traffic is required for a forum to be viable, and is traffic measured by number of visits or number of posts?

Currently the ‘Combat Service Support‘ forum is one of the slowest on the site, but in addition to its namesake topics it has provided a home for Combat Support arms topics. Is there room to provide each group a separate forum?

I would be interested in a ‘Canadian‘ forum. It would be for Canadian topics outside of the military spectrum and would allow for some patriotic flag waiving. A lot of the topics would probably be on politics, but this would also be were you would talk about non-military history, travel, and what makes us Canadian.

A ‘weapons‘ forum would no doubt see a lot of traffic, but would it do better if it were part of a larger forum that covered all the tools of the trade (vehicles, clothing, radios, individual kit, etc)? Would there be enough traffic for a ‘weapons‘ forum and a separate ‘kit & vehicles‘ forum?

There is occasional Navy or Air force traffic. Is it enough to have a ‘Navy & Air‘ Force forum? (make them share a forum so that they don't get the idea to take over)

I have to admit that i voted that I woudl not participate in th efrench forum but I still think it is a good idea. we have a bilingual forces and this website is representative of the forces....

Ok, I have created a whack of new forums based on the poll results and other requests. I‘ve also re-organized things a bit.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on the new organization.

We‘ll give it a trial period of a month or so, after which time we‘ll dissolve any forums that aren‘t very active.

Cheers

Edit: Please, someone who actually knows French, correct my forum description for me! :)

Originally posted by Mike Bobbitt:
[qb]Please, someone who actually knows French, correct my forum description for me! :) [/qb]
Mike, your description of the French forum is fine. No need for correction...

I voted that I wouldn‘t read the "French" forum only because I am not fluent in French. I agree that it is a viable site though.

I have a suggestion. How about a forum dedicated to Tactic‘s?

Just a thought.

AirCon mentioned a Veteran‘s forum. :salute: I think that is a good idea!

This is just a shot in the air..

But I think a forum on PT and Martial Arts would be a good forum to open up?!?

Cheers!

This is just a shot in the air..

But I think a forum on PT and Martial Arts would be a good forum to open up?!?

Cheers!

No,start a thread. Don‘t want to spread out too much.

It seems that all the new forums have done well.  Is there room for more?  I was thinking a "Combat Arms" forum within the section "The Field".  I know each combat arm has its own forum, but this would provide a shared forum for common issues of combat team/battle group tactics, training, kit, etc.

Back