• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New earrings regulation - has it been clarified?

Journeyman said:
Hey, I never mentioned the stiletto-heeled hooker shoes you see in NDHQ.  ;)
Almost like these?
1064.jpg

(with a photo sharing credit for Danjanou from this thread)

RDJP said:
Coming from a married guy, any girl who chooses surgical steel over diamonds is all right in my books.  :)

Oh, and jeeps over hondas.

Well, I drive an Xterra, which is why I can't afford the other fancy stuff, hahaha!

captloadie said:
Does anyone every go around questioning whether they are real or fake pearls, or real or fake gold, or steel vs titanium studs? In all likelihood, as long as there are not obviously gawdy, no one shoould care or question it.

This is what I thought -- As long as it looks the way it's supposed to, I've never seen anyone make a fuss over real vs fake pearls. 

PMedMoe said:
Thinking of getting your ears pierced?    >:D

Already done and waiting 26+ years for the military to let me wear them to work.  I have a nice diamond that will go good with my kilt on Civvy Fridays.

airmich said:
Spark, funny you should mention this.  I just started at a new job and my WO was wearing diamonds.  I guess I must have looked at her odd, because she explained that they were regulation now.  Supposedly they are waiting on putting them in regs until there are more changes.  She has email proof, but I haven't seen it yet.  I'll ask her and see what all she has on the issue.

News doesn't travel very quickly in your circle it seems ...

Diamond stud ear-rings were indeed approved for wear by the NDCDC in December 2010 pending it's publication of the amendment in the 265 ...

The eyeglasses style one is interesting in that just because the "CF pays for 'em, doesn't mean you can buy any style you wish"; you need to keep in mind that the dress regs still require them to be conservative in style and appearance.

ArmyVern said:
News doesn't travel very quickly in your circle it seems ...

haha, no, it doesn't.  My last unit was very interesting regarding all things "different".  I could put a few other labels on them, but this is a family site  ;)  Even the new unit had only found out a couple  months ago because someone had been away on course and heard about it which led to inquiries when they returned.

recceguy said:
I can see the whole world coming to a stop when a soldier\ airperson\ seaperson loses one of these $ things  :facepalm:

The soldier looses them - too bad. Do we stop to find a missing stud?

Nope.

If you're stupid enough to wear them and loose them, have fun finding them yourself.

Regards

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
The soldier looses them - too bad. Do we stop to find a missing stud?

Nope.

If you're stupid enough to wear them and loose them, have fun finding them yourself.

Regards

I'd stop for a stud!! ... ... ... ... 4 months to go ... ... ... ...

>:(

Back