• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval officer named vice-chief of defence staff

Having sailed with the man for 6 months he is an awesome leader. I think he will do the navy some good.

Harley Sailor said:
I'm sure if I really say what I think about his appointment I'll get another verbal warning so I'll just stay out of this thread in the future.

Guess that means you're withdrawing the comment then.  Don't know why you bothered in the first place......

Back on topic, I think the new CDS and VCDS will make a good team.

When officers are appointed to tthe positions of CDS and VCDS, their loyalties lie to all CF members, not just their own element. You can expect fair decisions and competent leadership from the new VCDS, I am sure.
By the sounds of the Navy postings on this thread, he should do well.

Harley Sailor said:
It seems strange to me that the thread about the new CDS is all about the man and what a great job he is going to do.

Then when a new thread is put in about the new VCDS and an off the wall comment is made, more of the thread is about the comment then about the new VCDS.  Is that because there is not a lot of good that can be said?

No, it's because your ignorant comment stole attention from the original or supplemental subjects discussed in the thread.   You appear to take great delight in your role as attention-monger.

Re-read response #12 (provided prior to your flippant comment in Reply #15) and all the other comments about Adm Rouleau thereafter.

As well, please spare us any more of your attention-grabbing antics.  If you have a comment to say about Adm Rouleau, man-up and say it...don't beat around the bush asking for someone to ask you to get something of your chest.

G2G

A very close friend of mine lives near the soon to be VCDS and apparently he is very down to earth and will help out whenever he can. In fact her daughter's bike needed some repair and Adm Rouleau was kind enough to help fix it. He didn't have to, but he did, because that's how he does things. I bet he will make an incredible VCDS, and I look forward to his hard work.

Back