• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Haha, i know! Everyone knowing i'm foreign makes it dead easy for you blokes to pick what i'm putting up.
I'm thinking that i might move to Peru or something and start using photos of their stuff. Maybe that would confuse you all a little bit?

Well I knew you were Australian so I just put "Australian Army truck" in google and it was one of the first ones to come up.

Well I hope this works, here you go

Nice snap of British Navy Pom-Pom guns...i think! I think its 20mm too. But then i could be completely barking and i dont doubt that i'm not on the right page.

Sorry, there's 70 pages I didn't want to risk a repeat, But Hale you're in the right era

Edit: The first post does say weapons

If you look closely, it says the word "busted" on the door.  I have no idea what that could mean... but maby it will help.  :-\

Adrian - The Aussie vehicle has already been ID'd  :)

The Naval Gun looks like the British0.50"/62 (12.7 mm) Mark III (like on the HMS Liverpool C11)

Well I wouldn't say it was EASY... Hale's guess certianly helped ;) *(Thanks!)

How about this - may be too easy ... but I like the pic lol

MOAB

Massive Ordonance Air Blast / Mother Of All Bombs

A.k.a Daisy cutter.......Viet-Nam era by the looks of it.  The current version looks quite different

Yes a Daisy Cutter, but not a MOAB.

BLU-82, 15000 bomb with a slurry explosive.  Thats whats shown.

The MOAB is the GBU-43 which is a 21,000 pound bomb with Tritonal.  Two different beasts.

D

OK Muffie, time to get a new avatar.  You just failed AFV Recognition.  You are starting to confuse Vehicles with inanimate objects.  ;D

AmmoTech90 said:
Yes a Daisy Cutter, but not a MOAB.

BLU-82, 15000 bomb with a slurry explosive.  Thats whats shown.

The MOAB is the GBU-43 which is a 21,000 pound bomb with Tritonal.  Two different beasts.

D

That is right - BLU-82B (and yes Veitnam era in the pic) - the Daisy Cutter was replaced by the MOAB in about 2003

I was following the post of a naval gun... if the thread was focusing on AFV - I guess I missed that

Back