• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Something a bit more exotic:

lastis27912602292tj3.jpg

Object 279, Russian prototype heavy tank built in 1957 and designed to lessen the ground pressure.  Also had eliptical armour to protect from HEAT round and overturning from a nuclear shock wave.

Yay, I get to post one ;D

The top photo is from the manufacturer but the bottom one is probably more accurate.

Pakistani army Al-Khalid, a T-90 derivative, oh and if I'm right, someones going to have to tell me how to post a pic - I have a good one but have'nt figured out the pic thing.....oh yeah and I'm out of the country right now so may take a few days.....but it's a good one I promise....

Mud said:
Pakistani army Al-Khalid, a T-90 derivative, oh and if I'm right, someones going to have to tell me how to post a pic - I have a good one but have'nt figured out the pic thing.....oh yeah and I'm out of the country right now so may take a few days.....but it's a good one I promise....

You have three choices:

1) If the image is already hosted and allows hot linking, use the image tags [ img ]www.example.com/sample.jpg [ /img] (do it without the spaces)
2) If you have your own filespace or use imageshack, you can host your own pictures and hotlink as above
3) You can also attach the picture.  When you post a reply, there is an Additional Options menu thingy below the text box where you type.  click the + and you should see an option to attach files.

Mud said:

That's the one.

I can see three different types of track shrouds on them. Take a look. All are the Al Khalid.

I tried but failed to get the attachment to attach! (I'm overseas in an internet cafe).  I will try again next week when I get home if that's ok with everyone, I promise it's a good one.....

Back