• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Saurer M4 (4MH)  Artillery Tractor,  Swiss.

db_Saurer_M41.jpg

would have never thought it was a volvo
I thought it was one of those special dodge "things" that they built for WW2 

CEEBEE501 said:
would have never thought it was a volvo
I thought it was one of those special dodge "things" that they built for WW2 

That "thingy" is a Dodge WC-57 Command Car  ;D

I thought dodge built a off road sedan as well tho during WW2?
Or was the Volvo used by the allies, because i quickly looked it up and found no mention of it in allied service?
Because i have seen pictures of a similar vehicle with U.S. ARMY on the side's of the hood and the white star on the doors.
???

CEEBEE501 said:
Or was the Volvo used by the allies, because i quickly looked it up and found no mention of it in allied service?
Because i have seen pictures of a similar vehicle with U.S. ARMY on the side's of the hood and the white star on the doors.
???
Sweden was "neutral" and wasn't supposed to be trading with either of the combatants... so Volvos shouldn't have been in Allied or German use... I think ???

CEEBEE501 said:
???

This particular vehicle, Volvo TP21 (aka P2104 or Radiopersonterrangbil 915) was a post-war vehicle.  Was in production 1953 to 1958.  Total number made probably didn't exceed several hundred, all for Swedish service.  It remained (most likely) in service through to the 80s, though some models of the "Command/Radio" vehicle (also Volvo) that replaced it started production in the early 60s.

I think it is some form of light artillery tractor, probably German or Czech and probably pre-WWII or shortly thereafter.

Cheers,

tango22a

light artillery tractor-> Yes and for other things.
German-> Yes.
pre-WWII-> No.
post-WWII-> Yes.

Regards,
ironduke57

Part of the Raupenschlepper Ost family?

Bundesheer oder Nationale Volksarmee?

Back