• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Come on guy´s! Since yesterday I am a year older and still nothing has happened here.

icon_grandpa.gif
ironduke57

well... to keep this thread rolling.... how about this..

Styer RSO prototype? I don't recall seeing that style of front, there was the rounded original front, then the boxy late war version.

@ironduke57

I found that once and thought it had been answered, now I am trying to fiond the link again :crybaby:

not a prototype, but close enough.....

1943 (or 42) Steyr 470 RSO/01 Full track Amphib

@ArmyVern&Mike Baker  Thx. Slow but steady I am approaching the average age on here.  ;D

@Larry Strong The pic I posted was already answered on the previous page.

icon_grandpa.gif
ironduke57

Geez... was hoping for it to last more than 10 mins....

Next

I'll put this one up until Larry has his on, just so we're not bored out of our skulls.  ;)

lancia.jpg

Midget

Autoblinda Lancia I.Z.    (also known as Ansaldo AB Modelo 1915)

The I.Z. was built by Ansaldo on the Lancia I.Z. light truck chassis. The original version, of which 20 were built in 1915, was armed with three 6.5mm machine guns, two being mounted in a large roof turret, and the third being monted in a smaller turret on top of the main turret. The Maxim MGs were replaced by 8mm St. Etienne MGs eventually and the third MG was placed in the rear of the hull with the topmost turret elimated. A feature of this AC was the wire cutting rails located on the front of the car. At the outbreak of WW2, this AC could still be found in Italian East Africa and Libya.

Might not be hard.

1. What is this vehicle
2. What made it different from the run of the mill productin type
3. What was it's function.

Modifed to expand upon the question

I expanded my question , and am posting this in case you already looked at my previous post.

Umm... Larry, not 100% sure, but I think this one was already posted not too long ago....
Halftrack was a C&C vehicle for the launching of the V2s

The shape of the cutouts in the road wheels will tell you which vehicle, then you just have to match up varients to find the other 2 answers  ;) I had thoght the ironduke57 would have sewn this one up by now.

Back