• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My application status

DiamondDarryl

Inactive
Reaction score
      Well first of all id like to thank the army.ca community for helping me understand the CF and all it has to offer. Ive been reading for months now and decided to make my own mark.

So i was the typical highschool student. my parents pressured me to go to college so i did. 3 months later i dropped out and found myself blasting through the remaining chunk of student loan without a job or any plans. waiting at the TTC busstop they had an inspiring add on the side of the hut."Strong proud: Today's Canadian Forces" I litterally RAN to the recruiter and got started with the recruiting process in december. I got a job as a security guard in a very rough part of toronto to pay for some nutritional foods. without going into details, i was threatened with guns and my partner was jumped in the parking garage. so i resigned and moved home to hamilton to get into fighting shape.

1 month later on my birthday(feb.3) i restarted my application. came in a weeklater, aced my CFAT medical and interview. I have been training nonestop solid since then and have boosted my pushups from 12-23, my situps from 15-30+ and my 2.4 km time from 11+ to 9mins 30 seconds. The recruiter called me this morning and asked me about my application so i booked my physical for late this week. and I am PUMPED.

Thanks for reading and ill keep you all updated  :salute:

Good work.  Consider changing your handle at all?

hey hey! passed my fitness test this morning.

step test. you guys wernt kidding about the music. im going to have nightmares tonight. but yah they started me at stage 4 and i passed that, then i passed stage 5, and just missed stage 6.

Grip strength. got 67 on my right and 54 on my left. for people who have to go do there test soon i would recomend angleing the bottem half towards yourself a bit or it will slip out and you will lose a ton of leverage.

pushups. After the step test yes i was sweaty. and yes the floor is slippery. i made it to 22 and then my hands kept slipping into the middle. make sure to get them real dry before you start. cant stress that enough

situps. I did 27. situps tend to go slowly, so if you guys want high reps i would recomend speeding through untill you really start to feel the burn.

anyways another great day at the CFRC and now just waiting for my call. I guess i should start training for bmq :cheers:

GOT MY CALL!

Swearing in March 29th CFRC Hamilton.
Basic April 24-July 7 in Borden

RCR Infantry 3 yr Contract.

Time to Celebrate :cheers:

Alright I have now sworn in!

The paper work took us over 2 hour to fill out but after that it was smooth sailing.

Feels good to be part of the team now.

Congratulations  :)

All this news of people getting in is making me impatient! haha.

derael said:
Congratulations  :)

All this news of people getting in is making me impatient! haha.

Ya no doubt I have been waiting almost a month for a call from the reg force; already got a call from a reserve unit though.

BTW congratulations DiamondDarryl

*Milnet.ca staff edit for site policy*

Haha for what?

I meant I was impatient to see what happens with my CEOTP application.  :P

Back