• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MSN Conversation

ghyslyn

Inactive
Reaction score
attached is a .doc file, TO OPEN: rename the file from a .doc to a .xml and open with either internet explorer or mozilla firefox, of a conversation I had with a friend of mine, its mainly political, as you can imagine i havent talked to her since this conversation, I've heard from other friends that she hates me now, hence the fact i haven't talked to her.

Read the conversation and post your opinions, I'm interested in seeing opinions from members of the CF(something I've actually never witnissed before, all I've witnissed is the opinions of my university friends, nearly all of which are similar to that of the friend in this conversation)

edit: filename changed

I haven't opened your attachment out of curiosity yet; but I do question your Ethics, Morals, and the legality of what you are doing.

Actually I havent even thought of the legality, I'm assuming as her name is not shown then she remains anonymous.

Also I know that some of the things I said in the conversation were fallacious but nonetheless...

ghyslyn said:
Actually I havent even thought of the legality, I'm assuming as her name is not shown then she remains anonymous.

Also I know that some of the things I said in the conversation were fallacious but nonetheless...

And we all know how anonymity works on the Internet.....  ;D

One thing that really makes me think is that about 3 years ago I had the exact same opinions and ways to display them as she did.

I'd advise anyone else not to bother reading it. It's a painful amalgam of media and corporate criticism, opposing views on the Iraq war, horrendous grammar and MSN speak, simmered in a sauce of ignorance and a lack of any particular intellectual depth from either party.

No offence intended to the original poster, but it's hardly got anything in it thought out enough to generate a real discussion. Iraq has been hashed over countless times already, and with much better command of the English language. It's about what I'd expect from two people on MSN talking about something neither of them really seems to know a whole lot about.

I agree. It's pure Radio Chatter -- and so it goes where it belongs.

well i think the canadiens need to leave
the canadians arent in iraq
well wherever they are. i dont know how they can be helping with weapons.

::)

EDIT: More gems of wisdom.

.... the americans funded the weapons that caused 9/11

Even though it is an MSN conversation, I still find it quite funny how they spell 'Canadian' wrong.  Also, if you don't know what country we are deployed in when it is pretty much on the news every day, get your facts straight and maybe your rebuttal will have meaning when you realize we're not in Iraq.

Seeing it's nothing I haven't heard countless times before and coming from someone who seems to be not only uniformed but somewhat clueless, I'll just add a few grains of salt. ::)

retiredgrunt45 said:
Seeing it's nothing I haven't heard countless times before and coming from someone who seems to be not only uniformed but somewhat clueless, I'll just add a few grains of salt. ::)

I keep a few POUNDS (kilograms, if you prefer) of salt on hand - just for such opportunities.

fullmetalparka said:
well i think the canadiens need to leave
the canadians arent in iraq
well wherever they are. i dont know how they can be helping with weapons.

::)

EDIT: More gems of wisdom.

That one made my head hurt!

Back