• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MPRR and TD Taskings

danteh

Inactive
Reaction score
I am in the process of updating my MPRR and my clerk told me that TD taskings do not get placed on MPRRs. However when I look at my buddies, they have them on it. They are from different bases so they are not dealing with my current clerk. I have accumulated over two years worth of taskings and according to my MPRR I havn't been anywhere.

I was just wondering whether or not they should be on my MPRR?

Only taskings where you were put against a CFTPO tasking number would appear on an MPRR. We used to have a form in the UER that tracked all your other time away from the unit, but that is now supposed to be done in Monitor Mass.

What you may be seeing on your buddies' MPRRs are likely attach postings (which are short term and have a beginning and end date listed).  Attach postings go on the MPRR, TD does not.

actually they are technically supposed to be entered into HRMS but most places are not doing it.  Even if you go on TD for one night it should be in there. From HRMS Coach:

Reference: CFAO 20-50

A member that is assigned through Temporary Duty (TD), Attached Posting, Class C or other procedure normally accumulates Time Away days for each day the member is away from home. This includes the travel time between their home and the location of the tasking. To accurately track the number of days a member is away from their home, you must record the member's Home Departure Date, Assignment Arrival Date, Assignment Depart Date and Home Arrival Date for the period that the member is away from home.

All members on TD, Attached Posting, Class C and MITE training taskings, where the Away from Home field has been set to Yes or Unknown, display in the Travel and Waiver panel.

Training taskings, where the method of assignment is Attached Posting, may display in this panel twice: one is the Training record in the MITE module (the Data Source is MITE); and the other is the Attached Posting record in Track Global Assignments (the Data Source is Assignment). Where a Data Source of Assignment and MITE exist for the same training tasking, record travel and waiver information against the MITE record and reset the Away from Home value on the Assignment record to No.

and

This procedure is completed to record a Temporary Duty (TD) assignment or a Task. Tasks are assignments or duties that do not involve time away from home, but form part of a member’s career history. In the past, these assignments or duties have been typically recorded on the Member’s Unit Employment Record (UER).

Where a member has been scheduled to attend a training session administered through the Military Individual Training and Education (MITE) module, the training tasking displays on the MITE Data panel automatically. There is no requirement to record the training tasking in the Task panel when the method of assignment is Temporary Duty.

But does it end up on the MPRR? Or will it only show up in the personal day away tab on the EMAA report?

Pusser said:
What you may be seeing on your buddies' MPRRs are likely attach postings (which are short term and have a beginning and end date listed).  Attach postings go on the MPRR, TD does not.

No they were both TD taskings I saw because I was on the same tasking and his shows up on his MPRR as TD while mine doesnt show up at all.

captloadie said:
Only taskings where you were put against a CFTPO tasking number would appear on an MPRR. We used to have a form in the UER that tracked all your other time away from the unit, but that is now supposed to be done in Monitor Mass.

This seems to be the general answer I am getting asking around so I will go with that.

Thanks alot guy.

CountDC said:
actually they are technically supposed to be entered into HRMS but most places are not doing it.  Even if you go on TD for one night it should be in there. From HRMS Coach:

Reference: CFAO 20-50

A member that is assigned through Temporary Duty (TD), Attached Posting, Class C or other procedure normally accumulates Time Away days for each day the member is away from home. This includes the travel time between their home and the location of the tasking. To accurately track the number of days a member is away from their home, you must record the member's Home Departure Date, Assignment Arrival Date, Assignment Depart Date and Home Arrival Date for the period that the member is away from home.

All members on TD, Attached Posting, Class C and MITE training taskings, where the Away from Home field has been set to Yes or Unknown, display in the Travel and Waiver panel.

Training taskings, where the method of assignment is Attached Posting, may display in this panel twice: one is the Training record in the MITE module (the Data Source is MITE); and the other is the Attached Posting record in Track Global Assignments (the Data Source is Assignment). Where a Data Source of Assignment and MITE exist for the same training tasking, record travel and waiver information against the MITE record and reset the Away from Home value on the Assignment record to No.

and

This procedure is completed to record a Temporary Duty (TD) assignment or a Task. Tasks are assignments or duties that do not involve time away from home, but form part of a member’s career history. In the past, these assignments or duties have been typically recorded on the Member’s Unit Employment Record (UER).

Where a member has been scheduled to attend a training session administered through the Military Individual Training and Education (MITE) module, the training tasking displays on the MITE Data panel automatically. There is no requirement to record the training tasking in the Task panel when the method of assignment is Temporary Duty.

I have to admit that I was unaware of this.  In over 30 years, there is not one TD trip/task listed on my MPRR.  If they were there, my MPRR would be very much longer than it is now.  I've made over 30 TD trips in the last three years alone.

I think my MPRR would be a book if I had all my TDs on it... 

I don't understand the relevance of entering TD time away in HRMS....  I don't know anybody actually tracks this as a measurand of anything.

mine are not there either but  I do know of at least one mbr that has all of them in his record since they started tracking.  Don't know when it started and wasn't aware until I did an HRMS course that it was pointed out to us by the instructor. 

Don't recall exactly why it has to be tracked - one of those feel good things of not having people away from home too much I guess.

This is a pretty old tread but I figured I would provide a little clarification. All TD and task assignments should be captured by your clerk in HRMS under "Track Global Assignments". The importance of tracking tasking is often lost in translation but it is imperative, especially if a significant event occurs during said tasking. The best example I can provide is the Agent Orange fiasco. Members who wanted to be compensated for health issues as a result had to demonstrate that they were in the contaminated area during the utilization of the agent. Those who had it tracked on global assignment had a much easier time submitting claims then those who didn't have it there.

Back