• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MLE and Expedition Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

david124124

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering what we get issued for overseas expeditions (mainly MLE) for the bush .Are we fitted for cadpat or do we just wear what
the Army Cadet Force wears when we get there?  Anyone know from previous experience?

you dont get issued CADETPAT, you have to purchase it. I highly doubt that you will be issued CADPAT, as it's a restricted item. Not to mention that they have better places to go.

C/ WO.Serednicki said:
I was just wondering what we get issued for overseas expeditions (mainly MLE) for the bush .Are we fitted for cadpat or do we just wear what
the Army Cadet Force wears when we get there?   Anyone know from previous experience?

I'm going to wander in here to say that although cadets are no longer issued combats at the Unit level, they are still issued combats upon reporting in to CSTCs for summer trg programs, if required.

Therefore, I'm going to bet that if you are heading overseas on one of the cadet exchange programs or courses for the summer...you will indeed find yourself being issued combats to wear.

They only get the old Cbts at CSTCs right? Not CADPAT I assume?

MedTech said:
They only get the old Cbts at CSTCs right? Not CADPAT I assume?

Correct, as of last summer, and I've seen no plans for that to change anytime in the future.

Also edited to add:

I stated "combats" in my first post. Then you replied with "old combats."

Combats = Old combats (OG107 clothing, ie olive drab combats);

Cadpat are not considered combats.

Speaking from personal experience, you get issued two sets of combats in Connaught before you go overseas.

C/ WO.Serednicki said:
the Army Cadet Force wears when we get there?  Anyone know from previous experience?

You are issued with two sets of normal combats, plus some extra exchange goodies for when your travelling.

The Librarian said:
Correct, as of last summer, and I've seen no plans for that to change anytime in the future.

Also edited to add:

I stated "combats" in my first post. Then you replied with "old combats."

Combats = Old combats (OG107 clothing, ie olive drab combats);

Cadpat are not considered combats.

My bad Vern :)

On the combat side, you get issued the OD rain jacket and pants as well as 80's pattern webbing. Oh, and a tilly hat... how useful.

englishmuffin said:
On the combat side, you get issued the OD rain jacket and pants as well as 80's pattern webbing. Oh, and a tilly hat... how useful.

Uhhh hello.  ::)

Some Reg Force Army troops still get the OD rain jacket and pants...and some even still get issued the 80s pattern webbing.

And, actually the tilly hat is quite useful for keeping the sun off your neck etc on an expedition.

Apologies, however to clarify:
The Librarian said:
Uhhh hello.  ::)

Some Reg Force Army troops still get the OD rain jacket and pants...and some even still get issued the 80s pattern webbing.
I never said they didn't, nor was I complaining that cadets get issued them, rather I listed the combat kit that is issued for Cadet exchanges.
The Librarian said:
And, actually the Tilly hat is quite useful for keeping the sun off your neck etc on an expedition.
Quite right, that is the point of a Tilly hat. My statement addressed the combat side of the exchanges, and in the bush the cadet Tilly hat makes us stand right out and look very foolish next to our British counterparts.

We didn't even bother taking the Canadian Webbing overseas, instead we were issued British PLCE while in Scoltand.

To clarify the question further:
Are we issued the current pattern, or olive drab?
Cadet (beige) tilly hat or cadpat tilly hat?
If not
I also heard you are instead issued the country of residence's pattern upon arriving.

P.s  I also agree the cadet tilly would look wrong in the bush with another country

I'm pretty sure the Cadet Force (England) do have to pay for most of their uniform but that still doesn't answer the question.

GGHG_Cadet said:
You are issued with two sets of normal combats, plus some extra exchange goodies for when your travelling.

by normal you mean? also is that cadet tilly also or mil issue tilly?

C/ WO.Serednicki said:
To clarify the question further:
Are we issued the current pattern, or olive drab?
Cadet (beige) Tilly hat or cadpat Tilly hat?
If not
The combats are OD and the Tilly is beige.
C/ WO.Serednicki said:
I also heard you are instead issued the country of residence's pattern upon arriving.
Don't count on it at all. They switch up the training locations so I suppose you may get extremely lucky at one such place, but again, its very unlikely. If you want Brit stuff you have to buy or trade for it.
Our exchange brought the webbing but the British staff didn't like the magazine pouches and were kind enough to let us borrow or augment our webbing with theirs.

So we are issued cadpat then with a cadpat tilly as the main pattern?

-asked question which was already answered... sorry

Olive Drab.  Point blank as has been said by many members, including a Sup Tech who knows her stuff.

Learn to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back