• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Wants More From Its Soldiers-Article

Mark C said:
The bottom line is that the change in Terms of Service and pension eligibility will have zero bearing on the vast majority of personnel who are currently serving on an IE.   It won't "push them" to release by moving the pension "carrot" further away, because in their case the "carrot" doesn't move.   They simply have more options to consider, depending on whether or not they wish to continue serving.   The only currently serving members who will benefit from the new Terms of Service are those on an IE without an IPS offer, who wish to serve past 20 years.   They will now be eligible to serve to 25 years without the need for a new contract.

I was more specifically referring to the not-so-distant future when all the people on the new ToS arrive in a position such as yours.

Interestingly enough, I noticed how they seemed to be in quite a rush to get everyone onto the old IE. I had just signed my second BE when a week later I was offered my IE. Seemed like a good deal to me; the option to leave within 6 months instead of having to wait out 3 years.

Back