• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military training; from civilian to Lt.

phantomofthemuppetshow

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings. I had a question I was unable to find an answer to and was curious to see whether anyone could assist in that respect. I know that the BMQ and the SQ can be done consecutively in one summer. For those who are looking to become officers in the reserves, I was wondering if the phase 3 and phase 4 of training (to become an officer) could be completed as well during the same year. Is there an option to further train for phase 3 and 4 after SQ if you start the BMQ early enough in the summer? Any experience out there that others could share would be appreciated. the phantom

My general understanding is that reservist officers only train to Phase 3 with phase 4 being 'reserved' for Regular Force members only.
At least this is the case with my MOC. Also, Phase 3's usually last an entire summer and that's the only time most reservists ave off or take their vacation time. However, that's not to say that reserve officers cannot begin taking their DP2 level courses immediately after finishing their phase 3.
The AJOSQ is all paid distance learning (max 30 days for reserves) and can be done from home, 3 years time to complete all mos, and you don't need to be nominated. Then the ATOC and AOC are half distance learning as well (although you have to be nominated to take those).

Back