• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Families: Young Engaged Couples

What is the ideal age for marriage

• 16-21 - young love is sweet and innocent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
GAP said:
One suggestion might be to do your show, et al...... then 2-3 years down the road do an update....kinda like "how'd that all work out" type thing on the same couples.

we're actually going to have follow ups as well - pretty exciting!

This is documentary style series

Take all of the couples, put them up on a rented House at Wasaga beach, and have them work at a local place, then film all of the shenanigans...

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Take all of the couples, put them up on a rented House at Wasaga beach, and have them work at a local place, then film all of the shenanigans...

dileas

tess

With the military spouses deployed/on course/TD, just to put more of a spin on things, see how they handle married life on their own.

the 48th regulator said:

dileas

tess

Haha, that would be Big Brother, Canada Style ...just thinking of the budget for that type of show makes me shudder

In case people didn't read the casting call:
Calling all Young Engaged couples!
If you're engaged to be married in the next 6 months and are under 21 then we have an amazingopportunity for you! A new wedding television series on Slice is casting ?Engaged Teenagers and young adults! All ethnic backgrounds, from all walks of life and any budget level are encouraged to apply for this incredible opportunity.
If chosen for the show, we will film the trials and triumphs of getting married at a young age and the lucky couple will receive $4000 towards their wedding budget+more!
If you are young and in love with a story that must be told, then ?Email us youngnmarried@gmail.com

P.S. At least one person from the couple has to be 19 or younger

youngnmarried said:
Haha, that would be Big Brother, Canada Style ...just thinking of the budget for that type of show makes me shudder

Jersey Shore.... :facepalm:

What will it take for people to recognize my genius......

Hey, are you interested in doing a show about a fat kid, who was in the army, and his wife is gutsy enough to stick with him for over 20 years?

I got the perfect scenario, There are two kids, Whisky a yappy old chihuahua, a cockatiel named Shugy, and plenty of shenanigans....Oh the shenanigans...Kinda like a realistic version of Family Guy!

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:

Hey, are you interested in doing a show about a fat kid, who was in the army, and his wife is gutsy enough to stick with him for over 20 years?

I got the perfect scenario, There are two kids, Whisky a yappy old chihuahua, a cockatiel named Shugy, and plenty of shenanigans....Oh the shenanigans...Kinda like a realistic version of Family Guy!

dileas

tess

Yeah once a week there could be the recurring gag where he could arranges to meet his friends for a beer, coffee, whatever, and then bails. ;D

Danjanou said:
Yeah once a week there could be the recurring gag where he could arranges to meet his friends for a beer, coffee, whatever, and then bails. ;D

Now yer talking, and then all the people here can have a cameo or two..... >:(

the 48th regulator said:

dileas

tess

as...interesting as that sounds...I have to finish this show first :)

its to bad you want teenagers as I just got engaged last month, and my fiancée and I are both 26.  She's finishing school, and we're getting married!!

MrBlue said:
its to bad you want teenagers as I just got engaged last month, and my fiancée and I are both 26.  She's finishing school, and we're getting married!!

Is that why you're "MrBlue"?

Sorry, had to.......

Maybe not military related, but you should try Fort St. John, BC, or Grande Prairie or Fort MacMurray, AB.  Lots of young oil rig workers making money hand-over-fist getting married young...usually don't last much longer after hubby blows all the money on a new truck, ATV and partying every weekend.  ;D

youngnmarried said:
Thanks to everyone who replied! I know you guys think your suggestions are funny, but I'm actually writing them down - every joke has a bit of truth in it ;)

So far:

- Petawawa (someone else suggested it to me)
- Ormocto
- Trenton
- Borden
- and perhaps somehow getting in touch with youth workers at RMC? It's a long shot, but hey, I want the show to have the best possible couples (hopefully military couples)

Any other suggestions?
I already tried: youth centers; kijiji, craigslist; social media sites (25 to be exact)

You know Ormocto is in New Brunswick, right? As opposed to the "Ontario only" requirement you put up?

Negotiating to get a tasteful poster up at the mess halls in Petawawa, Kingston, Trenton, and Borden might be your best bet. Folks see it as they're waiting to get something to eat, as opposed to some random post on a website.

Back