• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Families: Young Engaged Couples

What is the ideal age for marriage

• 16-21 - young love is sweet and innocent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

youngnmarried

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm posting this here because it applies to military couples. If this is an incorrect place to post this, please let me know.
I was a part of 2605 Signals (Cadets), in Toronto, Fort York from 11-16 years old and feel a strong connection to those in the military (my brother was in the Reserves for a long time as well)

I am a Casting Director for Slice Network's new wedding television show. I am currently casting for young engaged couples (ages 21 and under) who are planning to get married in 2012. I would love to have military couples involved in the TV series for even one episode to show the love and dedication that young military couples have towards each other.

I was wondering if you or anyone you know is in this situation. Any and all referrals are greatly appreciated.

Also, I am well aware that young couples often have financial issues, so the show will award selected couples 4000$ + other services (couples must be from ONTARIO - any city/county/town/suburb)

Thank you for your time, please let me know if you can pass on the message?

With Regards

YM

THE CASTING CALL  :cdn:
Calling all Young Engaged couples!
If you're engaged to be married in the next 6 months and are under 21 then we have an amazingopportunity for you! A new wedding television series on Slice is casting ?Engaged Teenagers and young adults! All ethnic backgrounds, from all walks of life and any budget level are encouraged to apply for this incredible opportunity.
If chosen for the show, we will film the trials and triumphs of getting married at a young age and the lucky couple will receive $4000 towards their wedding budget+more!
If you are young and in love with a story that must be told, then ?Email us youngnmarried@gmail.com

P.S. At least one person from the couple has to be 19 or younger  8)

Sorry, but one under 21 and one under 19 and engaged?  The show will probably last longer than the marriage.  ::)

Thank you for your response.
Well, this is a documentary series so we are more like to be the flies on the wall, seeing how the young couple prepares for their wedding day, their reasons for tying the knot so early in life, and how well they handle the trials and triumphs which come with marriage.

We are ideally looking for a couple who are both 21 and under
We are willing to make exceptions if a couple applies in which one person is over 21 and one is 19 and under.

Hi youngnmarried - welcome to Milnet.ca.

Just in case you hadn't seen it yet, here's a few hints/tips to help you navigate the site as a documentary researcher/producer
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/102806.0.html

Take care, and let us know how it goes for you.

Milnet.ca Staff

youngnmarried said:

Oh, I completely get it.  It's marketing.  Who wants to watch a show about old people.  ;)

milnews.ca said:
Hi youngnmarried - welcome to Milnet.ca.

Just in case you hadn't seen it yet, here's a few hints/tips to help you navigate the site as a documentary researcher/producer
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/102806.0.html

Take care, and let us know how it goes for you.

Milnet.ca Staff

Hello Staff,

I haven't seen it though I did try to look for media sources. Thank you for the link!

PMedMoe said:
Oh, I completely get it.  It's marketing.  Who wants to watch a show about old people.  ;)

That's an interesting observation. However, if you watch most shows about marriage, they tend to cater to an older group 25+

This documentary aims to take a deeper look into the lives of very young couples who are making a major life decision. Hopefully I will be able to get a wonderful young couples with military roots. So if anyone knows anyone who is getting married and is 21 and under, please PM me or email me

youngnmarried said:
We are willing to make exceptions if a couple applies in which one person is over 21 and one is 19 and under.

Hmm why would someone get married so young, especially if one is in the military? Oh yeah I remember now.

Pregnancy-test.jpg

Maybe they should consider casting this in Ormocto. 8)

Better still, grad parade at RMC.  Lots of great stories there.

Actually, I think it's a great idea......and no, not all marriages that young don't work out. The military lifestyle of postings can add excitment and enrichment as compared to settling down for 25 years in one city.....now that's a receipe for divorce!!  ;D

on that basis.....

I divide my age by 3....

I get to go on the show 3 times!! sweet!!

you gotta have a wife?..........3 times? er........I'll wait..... ;D

Seriously....I do think it's a great idea.

Let us know when it's going to be aired.

GAP said:
Seriously....I do think it's a great idea.

Let us know when it's going to be aired.

Thanks to everyone who replied! I know you guys think your suggestions are funny, but I'm actually writing them down - every joke has a bit of truth in it ;)

So far:

- Petawawa (someone else suggested it to me)
- Ormocto
- Trenton
- Borden
- and perhaps somehow getting in touch with youth workers at RMC? It's a long shot, but hey, I want the show to have the best possible couples (hopefully military couples)

Any other suggestions?
I already tried: youth centers; kijiji, craigslist; social media sites (25 to be exact)

youngnmarried said:
I know you guys think your suggestions are funny, but I'm actually writing them down
  :facepalm:  Noooo......don't encourage them.  We'll never get them back in their cages now.

I was trying to be funny, but there is some truth to it.  You can't swing a cat without hitting a teen mom in Trenton.  Now whether the military presence has anything to do with that is up for debate.

Journeyman said:
  :facepalm:  Noooo......don't encourage them.  We'll never get them back in their cages now.

You wasted your 6,000 post here on that? ::)

Hmm the relationship between teen pregnancies and military bases now there's a potential MSW Thesis if ever I heard one. I wonder if good old Cpl Gustav is still around? 8)

Hmm the relationship between teen pregnancies and military bases now there's a potential MSW Thesis if ever I heard one.

you think?  ;D

One suggestion might be to do your show, et al...... then 2-3 years down the road do an update....kinda like "how'd that all work out" type thing on the same couples.

Journeyman said:

;D Success! I'm having response through newspapers! But I still would like to have an army couple

Back