• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MicroSoft Does it again

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Foolishly I just did the upgrade to my MS Windows Explorer and stepped up to IE 9.  What a mistake.  IE 9 is very problematic and I would advise against loading it.  The look and feel of IE 9 is completely different and reloading or changing windows (or sites) often comes up with a message that it can not find that site.  If you use Tabs, you'll probably not find them until you go into what looks like the translucent portion showing your desktop in the background and playing there.  The IE window does not seem to fit the whole screen, leaving that translucent bar up top with some buttons seeming to be floating outside of the window. The names and functions on the tool bars have changed.  It will take some time to become familiar with the new layout and renamed functions.

The Tools button no longer has the "reload last session" option.  The "Favourites" "star" is now under the "Close" button which seems completely removed from the window, floating in the translucent area showing portions of your desktop.  It is in that portion of the screen, seemingly removed from your open window, that you'll find the "Back" and "Forward" buttons, the address dropdown menu, your Tabs, "Home" button along with the "Favourites" and "Tools" buttons. 

My initial opinion:  It is crap.

Its crap, but since its imbedded inside the Windows architecture, you're stuck with it. I miss the old days of Win98SE when you could spend 3 hours and completely uncouple IE from your operating system and uninstall it. PC ran twice as fast then.

IE is the reason why I have been using Fire Fox for the past 2 years without any problems.

ie-poster.jpg

Anyone who uses Telus's webmail is SOL with IE 9 - Telus even notes on the login screen that their webmail is not compatible with it.

Retired AF Guy said:
The same here, except I use Opera.

I use to use Opera and loved it but, when I got Windows 7, I daughter got me hooked on FF.

Back